[trill] 答复: Re: Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn Thu, 22 August 2013 01:17 UTC

To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
From: hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:16:54 +0800
Cc: "trill-bounces@ietf.org" <trill-bounces@ietf.org>, "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
Subject: [trill] 答复: Re: Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Hi, Linda

If two phantom nicknames(PN1, PN2) are assigned to two edge ingress
RBridge(R1 and R2)respectly, are PN1 and PN2 the same value or different?

Thanks

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
发件人:  trill-bounces@ietf.org
2013-08-22 03:33

收件人
"hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn" <hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn>
抄送
"trill-bounces@ietf.org" <trill-bounces@ietf.org>, "trill@ietf.org"
<trill@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [trill] Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Fang Wei,

The “phantom nickname” is the Ingress RBridge’s nickname. Just two
nicknames are assigned to each edge RBridge, one nickname indicates that
the TRILL encapsulation is done by the RBridge itself, the other nickname
(i.e. Phantom nickname) indicates that the TRILL encapsulation is done by
the end nodes attached to the RBridge.

Using Phantom Nickname is an option. RBridge, by default,  is capable of
receiving data frame with its own nickname in the SA field of the TRILL
header.

Is it clear to you now?

Linda