Re: [trill] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-02.txt

Olen Stokes <ostokes@extremenetworks.com> Mon, 26 November 2012 15:31 UTC

From: Olen Stokes <ostokes@extremenetworks.com>
To: Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:31:41 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [trill] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-02.txt

Since the two emails below were written about a week ago, there has been a lot of discussion about the RBridge capabilities required to be classified as an FGL RBridge.  I am still unclear about one part of the exchange below.

There is a discussion about the implications of a TRILL ingress RBridge serially unicasting "a multi-destination TRILL Data frame to the relevant egress TRILL switches after encapsulating it as a TRILL known unicast data frame (M=0)".

What is the use case envisioned when there is more than one "relevant egress FGL RBridge"?

FWIW, Donald noted below that this provision has been in all of the previous versions.  I agree.  I did not mean to imply otherwise.

Cheers,
Olen