[trill] 答复: Re: Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn Thu, 22 August 2013 02:34 UTC

To: Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>
From: hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:33:15 +0800
Cc: "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>, "trill-bounces@ietf.org" <trill-bounces@ietf.org>, Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
Subject: [trill] 答复: Re: Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Hi, Donald

Please see my comments inline with [hfw]

(1) The remote egress RBridge could not learn the {nickname, MAC} pair by
the data frame.
[Linda] The “nickname” is Ingress’ nickname, the MAC-SA is ingress’
too. So the egress RBridge should be able to learn the mapping between the
Ingress’ nickname and its MAC. Why do you say “could not”?
(dee3) Right, its asymmetric. So the end station does the ingress but the
egress RBridge does the usual egress process, learning the remote MAC
address as attached to the ingress nickname in the TRILL Data frame -- but
it does not matter that much if the egress RBridge learns anything if you
do ingress for traffic going the other way at the end station also.
[hfw] This is one of the scenarios : local end station can do TRILL
encapsulation, while the remote endstation only process the native frame.

(2) The transit RBridges could not pass the RPF check for
multi-destination forwarding.
[Linda] Why? The data frame is same as if the frame is encapsulated by the
Ingress RBridge.
 (dee3) The only place where there might be an RPF check problem is on
receipt at the first edge RBridge so some care may be needed there.
Alternatively, you could just not do the ingress at the end station for
multi-destination frames but have them ingressed by the edge RBridge.
[hfw] Is phantom nickname golabl unique or RB unique? For global unique,
all the edge RBridges have the same value. In this situation, the RPF does
not pass for multi-destination.
     For RB unique, different edge RBridges have different phantom
nicknames. In this situation, it wastes many nicknames. We can assign the
RB1's nickname (N1, not phantom nickname) to the non-RBridge nodes.
Thanks!
Fangwei

Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>
发件人:  trill-bounces@ietf.org
2013-08-21 08:46

收件人
Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
抄送
"trill-bounces@ietf.org" <trill-bounces@ietf.org>, "hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn"
<hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn>, "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [trill] Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Hi,

See at (dee3).

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
Answers to your comments are inserted below:

draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Hi,Linda

I understand that R1 would keep the encapsulation frame from E1. There
would bring two issues:

[...]
Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3@gmail.com
Linda

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
2013-08-20 10:41

收件人
"trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>, "trill-bounces@ietf.org" <
trill-bounces@ietf.org>
主题
RE: [trill] Comments on draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-encap

Fang Wei,

Sorry for the late response due to lack of internet access during my
vacation last two weeks. Answers to your questions are inserted below: