Re: [trill] draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-multilevel-10: Extension of WG Adoption call (7/16 to 8/16)

gayle noble <windy_1@skyhighway.com> Sat, 08 August 2015 00:54 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 17:54:45 -0700
To: trill@ietf.org
From: gayle noble <windy_1@skyhighway.com>
Subject: Re: [trill] draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-multilevel-10: Extension of WG Adoption call (7/16 to 8/16)

I support adoption of this draft.
I have a few corrections and one suggestion.
corrections
1.   page 11  section 2.2.2. fourth paragraph - first sentence
["nicknames the identify" should be "nicknames that identify"]
(as written)
  Alternatively, areas could be identified by the set of nicknames
the identify the border routers for that area.
(Should be)
  Alternatively, areas could be identified by the set of nicknames
that identify the border routers for that area.

2.   page 12 section 2.2.2.1 second paragraph - last sentence
["aggreated" should be "aggregated"]
(as written)
RB1 has a nickname, say 27, and RB4 has a nickname, say 44 (and in
fact, they could even have the same nickname, since the TRILL switch
nickname will not be visible outside these aggreated areas).
(should be)
RB1 has a nickname, say 27, and RB4 has a nickname, say 44 (and in
fact, they could even have the same nickname, since the TRILL switch
nickname will not be visible outside these aggregated areas).

3.   page 18 third paragraph - second sentence
["addresses appears in" should be "addresses appear in"]
(as written)
Area addresses appears in Hellos and LSPs within the area.
(should be)
Area addresses appear in Hellos and LSPs within the area.

suggestions

1.   page 9 - first paragraph - last sentence
["so use in TRILL of an area address" made me go back and read it a
few times. It is correct but I like it better "so using an area
address in TRILL"]
(as written)
However, TRILL uses other techniques to avoid such confusion, such as
different multicast addresses and Ethertypes on Ethernet [RFC6325],
different PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) codepoints on PPP
[RFC6361],  and the like, so use in TRILL of an area address that
might be used in layer 3 IS-IS is not a problem.
(I like it better)
However, TRILL uses other techniques to avoid such confusion, such as
different multicast addresses and Ethertypes on Ethernet [RFC6325],
different PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) codepoints on PPP
[RFC6361],  and the like, so using an area address in TRILL that
might be used in layer 3 IS-IS is not a problem.

PS  I love the fact that every acronym was defined!!! >*bow*<
thanks
gayle