Re: [trill] TRILL Resilient Distribution Trees, who have read it?

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Thu, 06 December 2012 02:52 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: Sam Aldrin <aldrin.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:51:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.97.230]
Cc: "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [trill] TRILL Resilient Distribution Trees, who have read it?

Hi Sam,

As you can see from the words of the email, it is not a WG adoption polling. I am cautious about this.

According to the decision that the WG had made at the Atlanta meeting, authors were asked to make sure in the TRILL mailing-list whether there is enough number of guys who have read this draft. So, this email actually intends to help chairs to decide whether this draft deserves a call. I wish I have clarified your confusion.

Actually, this draft falls in the scope depicted by the recently updated charter. It is one of those "additional ways to extend and optimize TRILL for the properties of the networks on which it is deployed".

Thanks,
Mingui