TSIG Archives Available via Anonymous FTP

Kent Landfield <kent@imd.sterling.com> Fri, 25 September 1992 23:14 UTC

From: Kent Landfield <kent@imd.sterling.com>
Subject: TSIG Archives Available via Anonymous FTP
To: tsig@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 17:26:39 CDT
Cc: tsig-request@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
Sender: tsig-request@wdl1.wdl.loral.com

>>> Submissions to the tsig list: tsig@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
>>> Additions/deletions/questions: tsig-request@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
>>> Archive Server: listserv@wdl1.wdl.loral.com

One of the problems that I have had with the TSIG archives for a while is
that they are not easy to get at or deal with.  The only access is via
listserv.  Due to problems with large messages going through some sites
mailers, some of the documents have been broken into pieces further making
it harder to deal with the archive.

At the TSIG meeting this week I announced FTP access to the TSIG archives.
The TSIG archives are available from sparky.sterling.com via anonymous
FTP.  The wdl1.wdl.loral.com archive is mirrored daily to assure the FTP
archive is kept up-to-date.  WAIS and gopher access are in progress.

Please, this is not a criticism of the excellent volunteer effort that
Bill has provided in our behalf or the generosity of Loral in allowing
us to continue to utilize their facilities.  To both, I say thanks. The
intent here is to increase the exposure of the documents stored in the
archives and to provide increased functionality not provided by a
listserv archive.

It was also suggested by some that the message header be changed so
that people would know there was an alternate way to access the archives.
Such as...

 >>> Submissions to the tsig list: tsig@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
 >>> Additions/deletions/questions: tsig-request@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
 >>> Archive Server: archive-server@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
 >>> Anonymous FTP Access: sparky.sterling.com
any of the messages for cipso, sessions or x-tsig.  If someone would
like to make those available to me I will be happy to put them on the
archive on sparky.  All future traffic on these lists will be available
on sparky.

I have also made a directory, "ftp/tsig/source" which currently contains
the source to mibcc, an SNMP MIB compiler recently posted to the newsgroup
comp.sources.misc.  Enjoy!

			-Kent+
--
Kent Landfield                   INTERNET: kent@sterling.com
Sterling Software                UUCP:     uunet!sparky!kent