Re: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp-15

Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Thu, 13 December 2018 19:16 UTC

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:15:44 -0800
To: ginsberg@cisco.com
Cc: "nishida@wide.ad.jp" <nishida@wide.ad.jp>, tsv-art@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp.all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-idr-te-pm-bgp-15

Hi Les,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 10:13 AM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsberg@cisco.com>
wrote:

> Yoshi -
>
> Thanx for the review.
> Replies inline.

Right. But, but in case of OSPF, I think the format will be identical
except the type field value.
I just thought if you add one sentence to clarify the formats happen to be
the same as 7471, it could be a small benefit for OSPF users.
But, this is not a strong opinion.

> > 2: There is no guidance for default values such as measurement interval
> in
> > the
> > draft. If these values should also be inherited from other draft, it
> should be
> > stated.
> >
> [Les:] This is not within the purview of this draft. All this draft is
> doing is defining the encodings for the BGP-LS advertisements which are
> essentially copies of what the IGPs are advertising.

Does it mean when an IGP advertises these metrics at 10 sec interval, the
BGP-LS will be advertised at the same interval?

Thanks,
--
Yoshi