Subject: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-tls-esni-23
From: Tommy Pauly via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2025 09:56:47 -0800
List-Id: Transport Area Review Team <tsv-art.ietf.org>

Reviewer: Tommy Pauly
Review result: Ready

This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
discussion list for information.

When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
[email-masked] if you reply to or forward this review.

Thanks to the authors for producing a clear and well-written document.
In reviewing it, I did not find any issues from a transport perspective
that raise concern. This protocol extension is defined to work with various
transport cases (TLS over TCP, DTLS over UDP, QUIC, etc), and otherwise
does not fundamentally change their properties.

>From a privacy and security perspective, it is good to see this work
progressing.