[Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-23

Yoshifumi Nishida via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 12 August 2020 19:38 UTC

From: Yoshifumi Nishida via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: tsv-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, mmusic@ietf.org, draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel.all@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:38:45 -0700
Subject: [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-23

Reviewer: Yoshifumi Nishida
Review result: Ready with Nits

This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
discussion list for information.

When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
tsv-art@ietf.org if you reply to or forward this review.

better to clarify the following points.

1: If the other endpoints is on a TCP connection, It seems to me that it can
look downgrading the security level of the connection.
   If this is the case, do we need some guidances here?

2: 'If the non-data channel endpoint does not support MSRP CEMA, transport
level interworking mode is not possible,
   it needs to act as an MSRP B2BUA.'
   -> This may sound like it falls back to B2BUA when CEMA is not available.
        But, I guess there might be a case where users don't want fallback.

3: As the doc mentions the use of B2BUA, it might be useful to refer security
consideration in RFC7092 in Section 9.