[tsvwg] WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14 to confirm changes - 5th April 2013

Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Fri, 22 March 2013 12:19 UTC

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:19:40 +0000
From: Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
To: tsvwg WG <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Subject: [tsvwg] WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14 to confirm changes - 5th April 2013

This email announces the start of a working group last call for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14, "UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets
for End-Host to End-Host Communication".  This document has completed an
IETF LC and was updated after IESG review. This is now thought to be
ready to proceed to be published as a PS by RFC-Ed. Please send any
comments to the TSVWG list.

The draft is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14

Summary of main changes:

* Clarification that the focus is on encapsulation between SCTP endpoints.

* UNSAF considerations added.

* Change from UDP checksum MUST be computed for SCTP/UDP/IPv6 to UDP
checksum SHOULD be computed for SCTP/UDP/IPv6 to reflect recently
changed UDP/IPv6 checksum handling, with rationale provided.

A diff between the version submitted to the IESG and the current version
can be viewed using:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-07.txt&url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14.txt

This shortened last call will end on Friday 5th April 2013.

Emails saying "I support" or "I don't support" publication with these
changes are also most  helpful in judging the WG consensus.

Please note another running SCTP WGLC also below.

James and Gorry
(TSVWG Chairs)
tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org