Re: [tsvwg] updated version of QCI to Diffserv draft

"DOLLY, MARTIN C" <md3135@att.com> Wed, 05 June 2019 14:04 UTC

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C" <md3135@att.com>
To: Subir Das <subirdas21@gmail.com>
CC: "Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de" <Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de>, "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 14:04:34 +0000
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] updated version of QCI to Diffserv draft

Me as well

Martin C. Dolly
Lead Member of Technical Staff
Government & Services Standards
AT&T
Cell: +1.609.903.3360<tel:+1.609.903.3360>
Email: md3135@att.com<mailto:md3135@att.com>

On Jun 5, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Subir Das <subirdas21@gmail.com<mailto:subirdas21@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Ruediger,
Thanks for your suggestions and I agree.

Regards,
_Subir

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 2:57 AM <Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de<mailto:Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de>> wrote:
Hi Subir, hi Jerome,

a good way forward may be to meet personally, and it may also be useful to involve the chairs. Unfortunately, I’m not able to attend IETF 105 (and I likely will not participate remotely).

My preferred state for the document is informational, if it proceeds. I also think that unless 3GPP and the carriers active there express a need for such a standard, the work is pointless. 5G allows for enterprises to operate own 5G networks. If this is driving the draft, the document should express that quite clearly in its scope and introduction.

Regards,

Rüdiger