Re: [tsvwg] Packet Loss Signaling for Encrypted Protocols: draft-ferrieuxhamchaoui-tsvwg-lossbits

Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com> Wed, 10 July 2019 14:55 UTC

From: Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com>
To: "Lubashev, Igor" <ilubashe@akamai.com>, "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
CC: Isabelle Hamchaoui <isabelle.hamchaoui@orange.com>, Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferrieux@orange.com>, Cociglio Mauro <mauro.cociglio@telecomitalia.it>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 14:54:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.204.62.198]
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] Packet Loss Signaling for Encrypted Protocols: draft-ferrieuxhamchaoui-tsvwg-lossbits

Dear Igor, Alexandre, Isabelle,
I have had a look at the draft and I think it is an interesting proposal for packet loss signaling and it is good to have a protocol independent document.
In addition, I would suggest to add a reference to RFC 8321 that introduces the packet loss measurement methodology through the alternate marking schema, as reported in Section 3 of your draft.

Best Regards,

Giuseppe