Re: [tsvwg] Publication has been requested for draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-05 - Document Status

Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Sat, 12 May 2018 07:16 UTC

Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 08:16:05 +0100
From: Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
To: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata@ietf.org, tsvwg-chairs <tsvwg-chairs@ietf.org>, tsvwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] Publication has been requested for draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-05 - Document Status

On the document status:

This draft is specifically to catalogue all the changes proposed for the
SCTP base spec. The authors plan to then implement these changes as a
textual update to RFC 4960 to realise a new completely clean base
specification. Once this is done the present ID will exist only as a
record of what has changed. This process was successfully used for other
SCTP documents and was the rationale for the present ID requesting
publication as a Information specification.

This was in part explained in section 1 of the writeup - should it also
be said in the ID?... There was clear consensus when this ID was adopted
that the plan was to finaly provide an update to RFC 4960.

I expect the authors to comment on your comments, then update their draft.

best wishes,

Gorry
(as document shepherd for draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata)