Re: Reminder: WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-08 - 26th November 2010

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Wed, 01 December 2010 09:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:01:56 +0100
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>
Subject: Re: Reminder: WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-08 - 26th November 2010
Cc: tsvwg WG <tsvwg@ietf.org>

WG, Paul and Eliot,

I will respond in detail. However, I do need to do a bit of history
digging and and go review the fairly big discussion that was held on the
IETF@ietf.org list back in 2006 that was started by Eliot Lear.

The threads of relevance appears to be:
https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=30752&tid=1291193700

https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=31742&tid=1291193820

Elliot's individual draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-iana-no-more-well-known-ports-02

Maybe Eliot can summarize what was the reason his effort failed to gain
sufficient traction to be published?

Cheers

Magnus

--