Re: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-07

Superuser <ah@TR-Sys.de> Fri, 22 October 2010 00:18 UTC

From: Superuser <ah@TR-Sys.de>
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-07
To: lars.eggert@nokia.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 02:19:59 +0200
Cc: tsvwg@ietf.org

At Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:52:56 +0200, Lars Eggert wrote:

> So far, no other feedback. We'll submit a version with the fix
> before the cutoff.
>
> Lars

Lars,
my apologies for not being able to perform substantial IETF work
since Maastricht until very recently, but sometimes things happen
almost all at once ...

There are numerous significant and good updates in -07, but also
a lot of details that still need more work.
I'm in the process to collect comments and investigate details,
but mostly busy with own doc's also to be updated before the cutoff.
So sorry, will need several more days.

BTW: draft-gudmundsson-dnsext-srv-clarify is being updated to
accommodate the changes to tsvwg-iana-ports-07, and it will be
out by the cutoff.  Please recall that in Hiroshima it had been
decided that *our* draft performs the updates to RFC 2872 and
refers normatively to tsvwg-iana-ports for the registry, whereas
tsvwg-iana-ports will refer to it normatively for the SRV updates
/ clarifications in turn, and both drafts shall be submitted for
synchronized publication.
This agreement has been confirmed to us after IETF 76 once more.
There are changes in -07 that reflect this in part, but in particular
the front matter and Abstract still say tsvwg-iana-ports Updates 2872.

Since we want to make use of consistent ABNF and the adoption of the
"at least one letter" rule for the service name syntax in your I-D
also has invalidated the ABNF we had in the last version of our I-D,
we'd appreciate to see your revised ABNF early enough that we could
adopt it.  Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
  Alfred HÎnes.

--

| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |