Re: [tsvwg] New Liaison Statement, "LS to IETF TSVWG on MP-DCCP"

Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Wed, 16 June 2021 08:20 UTC

To: "Holland, Jake" <jholland=40akamai.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, David Black <david.black@dell.com>, Wesley Eddy <wes@mti-systems.com>
Cc: David Pollington <GSMALiaisons@gsma.com>, Transport Area Working Group Discussion List <tsvwg@ietf.org>
From: Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:19:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] New Liaison Statement, "LS to IETF TSVWG on MP-DCCP"

The response I provided to GSMA was that
draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp would be discussed on the list and at
the next IETF Meeting (111).

I affirm that work on this topic would fall within TSVWG, but that any
adoption call would need to be considered by the IETF WG Process. Input
to any decision will include whether the list discussion shows interest
in developing specifications, who would implement and deploy, and what
is needed to reach a common specifcation. That would be good to discuss
on-list.

TSVWG has no plan to work on MP-QUIC; although if progressed, we see
that an experimental method for DCCP might also prove helpful in
informing discussions within the QUIC WG. We will continue to liaise
with the QUIC WG Chairs.

In short, it would be great to discuss the use-case on list!

Gorry