Re: [tsvwg] WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14 to confirm changes - 5th April 2013

Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh@iem.uni-due.de> Tue, 02 April 2013 20:46 UTC

From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh@iem.uni-due.de>
To: tsvwg@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:46:39 +0200
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] WGLC Announcement for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-14 to confirm changes - 5th April 2013

Dear Gorry,

I would like to express my support for the draft draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-
encaps-14. It is a very useful extension to make use of SCTP in certain setups
where SCTP is not possible otherwise, e.g. when blocked by firewalls or not
supported by operating system kernels.

As part of my work on the sctplib userland SCTP implementation, I have also
implemented UDP encapsulation in sctplib. I intensively used it in sctplib-
based RSerPool setups.

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

 Thomas Dreibholz

 Simula Research Laboratory
 Simula Innovation AS, Network Systems Group
 Visiting address: Martin Linges vei 17, 1364 Fornebu, Norway
 Mailing address:  P.O.Box 134, 1325 Lysaker, Norway
 E-Mail:     dreibh@simula.no
 Homepage:   http://simula.no/people/dreibh