Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2026 10:52:28 -0800
List-Id: Transport Area Working Group <tsvwg.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk-02.txt is now available. It is
a work item of the Transport and Services Working Group (TSVWG) WG of the
IETF.

   Title:   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) DTLS Chunk
   Authors: Magnus Westerlund
            John Preuß Mattsson
            Claudio Porfiri
            Michael Tüxen
   Name:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk-02.txt
   Pages:   41
   Dates:   2026-03-02

Abstract:

   This document describes a method for adding Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) based authentication and cryptographic protection to
   the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).

   This SCTP extension is intended to enable communication privacy for
   applications that use SCTP as their transport protocol and allows
   applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent
   eavesdropping and detect tampering or message forgery.  Once enabled,
   this also applies to the SCTP payload as well as the SCTP control
   information.

   Applications using this SCTP extension can use most of the transport
   features provided by SCTP and its other extensions.  The use of the
   SCTP Authentication extension defined in RFC 4895 is incompatible
   with the extension defined in this document but would not provide any
   additional service.  This implies that the Dynamic Address
   Reconfiguration as specified in RFC 5061 can only be used as
   described in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-chunk-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts