Re: Comments on IPng choice

GHISELLI@infn.it Fri, 22 July 1994 15:16 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: GHISELLI@infn.it
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 17:02:49 +0200
To: J.Crowcroft@cs.ucl.ac.uk
CC: tuba@lanl.gov, big-interne@munnari.oz.au, hep-clns@frcpn11.in2p3.fr
Subject: Re: Comments on IPng choice

>>The message doesn't contain any information proving or demonstrating
>>a comparison between the proposals, nor the description of the
>>criteria followed for the selection.

>I stood up at the last IETF and spoke in plenary, and a BOF about
>Craig & Frank's document that has been announced on this list and the
>IETF one, for a long time, which _explicitly lists_ the criteria

>draft-kastenholz-ipng-criteria-02.txt is a current version, but the
>criteria have been public for a long time.

Jon,
actually we know this document, but what we have not understood is
how the different IPng proposals have been evaluated versus the requirements.

>>On the other side, for example, we didn't see any comparison between the
>>different proposals about the  addressing capability  to offer important
>>functionalities like routing aggregation and topological flexibility
>>and administrative decentralization.

>read the internet drafts about the schemes for all these things for
>TUBA and SIPP.....

we read also these documents but again we missed the directorate's comments
and comparison between them.

>>Could anyone shed light upon the SIPP 16 choice?

>i cannot, because i thought SIPP-Classic (8 byte, plus 8 byte
>extensions), was preferable, however, the IPng Area Directors no doubt
>explain will next week in Toronto.

we will wait for the Toronto meeting ....

good work,

Antonia, Cristina