Re: [GNAP] A "privacy by design" delegation scheme

Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr> Fri, 19 March 2021 15:07 UTC

To: Stephen Moore <srmoore@gmail.com>
Cc: "txauth@ietf.org" <txauth@ietf.org>
From: Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 16:06:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [GNAP] A "privacy by design" delegation scheme

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback.

You wrote: "now I need to have multiple accounts on every RS I have data
on it". Yes indeed, but you know that there exists
or there will exist solutions for that, one of them being FIDO. With
FIDO the RS cannot link their user accounts using the login name.
FIDO has been thought with privacy in mind.

About the last two bullets, I fear I don't understand your question.
The end-user may pick the photos at the delivery service or someone else
can pick these photos.
An account is useful to avoid the retyping of a name and a home address
each time, but is not necessary otherwise.

You finally wrote: "I honestly don't see a difference between the two
other than one service hosting the two components (RS and AS)".

You only see the difference if you consider the trust relationships. In
the general case, an AS is trusted by several RSs, but not in this
situation.
If you rely on the HTTPS protection on both segments, then no
cryptography is even necessary: there is no signature needed from anyone.

Denis