Re: [GNAP] GNAP Editors' Use of GitHub Issues

Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu> Wed, 02 December 2020 20:10 UTC

From: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:10:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [GNAP] GNAP Editors' Use of GitHub Issues

The editors met again today to process some more of the outstanding issues. The following issues have been added to the queue for pending close with the same Dec 11th deadline as the first set (that’s next Friday). Editors’ comments are included on GitHub.

Pending Close:

* JWS Headers for JOSE-based signature methods
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/106
* Key redundancy in DPoP method
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/111
* Fragility of JOSE-based signature methods
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/108
* Detached-JWS Header,
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/107
* Create more examples of interaction modes
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/52
* Splitting the “claims” request
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/63
* Response Extensions
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/80
* Provide guidance for defining new interactions
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/61
* Guidance for Grant Request Extensions
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/65
* Privacy considerations of returned user information
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/74
* Alignment with RAR
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/34
* Non-role protocol elements
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/33

Needs Text:
* Updating and reading access tokens
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/99

The editors believe that this list list now includes all of the issues filed that represent items that are mostly just comments on the state or history of the protocol as extracted from Editor’s Notes, as discussed in #128.

https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/128

The goal of this exercise, as stated in #128, is to clean out the clutter of the issue backlog and allow us to focus on specification text, issues, and features. Note that for these marked issues, closing the issue is not an indication that a final decision has been made to exclude a feature or option. However the editors determined that the issues as written did not incorporate actionable text or sufficient use cases to move forward at this time. If future discussions wish to raise any of these issues again, particularly additional features, they can do so with more explicit context and a concrete way forward, and link back to these historical items.

Additionally, several of these were determined to be part of larger discussions, and so separate issues have been raised to incorporate them:

* Terminology
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/29
* Security considerations
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/135
* Guidance for extensions
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/134
* Privacy considerations
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/133
* Claim extensions
** https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/issues/131

Note that other issues are also being processed in addition to this clean-up effort, so please keep an eye out for pull requests and discussions on those. Also please note that if you :support: a change in a pull request, it’s helpful to the group if you comment as such, or leave an “approved” review using the GitHub issue tracker.

Finally, the editors are working on a proposed update to the use of the “proposed” tag based on working group feedback, and we’ll update shortly with those details.

Thank you,
 — Justin, Aaron, and Fabien