Subject: Re: [GNAP] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-gnap-core-protocol-18: (with DISCUSS)

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:47:35 +0000

The editors have added this requested change here.

https://github.com/ietf-wg-gnap/gnap-core-protocol/pull/533

— Justin

On Mar 7, 2024, at 10:53 AM, Justin Richer <[email-masked]> wrote:

Good catch, we can easily add those to the IANA section. Thanks!

— Justin

On Mar 7, 2024, at 10:30 AM, Orie Steele <[email-masked]> wrote:

Adding sections similar to 13.2 and 13.3 in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-selective-disclosure-jwt-08#section-13.2

Would clear my DISCUSS, assuming I end up holding it after IETF 119.

OS

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 9:16 AM Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-gnap-core-protocol-18: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-gnap-core-protocol/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work on this document.

Holding a DISCUSS for Orie Steele (incoming ART AD) who caught this:

DISCUSS:

This document appears to required registered media types of the form:

application/gnap-binding+jwsd
application/gnap-binding-rotation+jwsd

These are inline with the JWT BCP:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8725#name-use-explicit-typing

However, they are not currently requested for registration, as either
standalone media types, or as Structured Syntax Suffixes.

I believe this can easily be addressed, by requesting registrations in the
appropriate iana registries:

- https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/media-types.xhtml
-
https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-type-structured-suffix/media-type-structured-suffix.xhtml

--

ORIE STEELE
Chief Technology Officer
www.transmute.industries<http://www.transmute.industries/>
[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4xqtkj5psM1dDeDes_mjSsF3ylbEa5EMEQmnz3602cucAIhjLaHod-eVJq0E28BwrivrNSBMBc]<https://transmute.industries/>