Subject: Re: [GNAP] Human rights perspective on W3C and IETF protocol interaction

From: Adrian Gropper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 13:41:41 -0500

Mark and Leif,

I too appreciate Mark's comments and that they were cross-posted to W3C
CCG.

Having spent close to a decade working with Kanatara on UMA, I am glad to
see Mark's intent to collaborate more deeply with GNAP.

I'm also quite invested in the W3C CCG and related work because Self
Sovereign Identity (SSI) represents a more sophisticated approach to
today's identity problems than federation.

My immediate challenge is finding implementers interested in putting human
rights ahead of short-term funding. My ability to demonstrate
decentralization at the community level (and keep federation on the side)
requires working libraries and the willingness of the coders to support the
example (HIE of One Trustee).

The Trustee demonstration benefits from most, if not all, of the features
that Mark is describing. It needs to be built with GNAP and community-owned
microservices as the core. DIDs and VCs will be an important
component because they represent SSI. Blockchains are optional in this
version of Trustee.

My point is that I'm personally not much interested in adding human rights
considerations to either W3C, IETF, or Kantara if there is no group of
implementers that are at least willing to provide support for the libraries
that can help demonstrate human rights rather than talk about it.

Please consider reposting our conversation and this comment to include W3C
CCG.

Adrian

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 12:44 PM Leif Johansson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 2022-01-06 17:08, Mark Lizar wrote:
> > Thank you Leif for the very valuable direction, I will add this to the
> ANCR WG agenda and look forward to reporting back.
> >
> > Cheers Mark
>
> Excellent, thx!
>
>         Cheers Leif
>
> --
> TXAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/txauth
>