re: atm mib proposal

Masuma Ahmed <mxa@mail.bellcore.com> Tue, 15 June 1993 20:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 13:19:16 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Masuma Ahmed <mxa@mail.bellcore.com>
To: atommib@thumper.bellcore.com
Subject: re: atm mib proposal
Cc: salil@freeze.bellcore.com, ghd@freeze.bellcore.com, ghe@aries.uucp, slh@cc.bellcore.com, kob@cc.bellcore.com, grr@cc.bellcore.com, smw@freeze.bellcore.com, 5121art@freeze.bellcore.com, war@cc.bellcore.com

Group:

Attached below is a Bellcore strawperson proposal on ATM managed objects
for consideration by the IETF AToMMIB WG.  As we were developing the ATM
MIB, several issues have been identified and are described in the text.

Currently, the MIB is structured to support primarily the ATM PVCs.  As
our understanding of the management of ATM SVC matures, the MIB can be
expanded to include ATM SVC management capabilities.
The purpose of the ATM MIB is to support ATM Customer Network Management (CNM)
and ATM Network Management (NM) to manage ATM interfaces and ATM connections.
The MIB is based on ATM ILMI MIB with extensions to support ATM virtual
connections, and SONET TC and DS3 PLCP layers.
The Bellcore proposal also describes the application of the i/f evolution
group (internet draft by Keith and Frank) to ATM management wherever appropriate.

Have fun reading the proposal. Comments will be greatly appreciated.

Masuma Ahmed
mxa@mail.bellcore.com

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                          Definitions of Managed Objects
                                for ATM Management

                                     May 1993

                              Masuma Ahmed (editor)
                               Kaj Tesink (editor)
                           Bell Communications Research
                             331 Newman Springs Road
                               Red Bank, NJ  07701

                              mxa@mail.bellcore.com
                               kaj@cc.bellcore.com

          1.  Status of this Memo

          This document is a strawperson proposal for consideration by
          the IETF AToMMIB WG.

          Distribution of this document is unlimited.

          2.  Abstract

          This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management
          Information Base (MIB) for use with network management
          protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.  In particular, it
          defines objects for managing ATM-based interfaces, networks
          and services.

          This memo does not specify a standard for the Internet
          community.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 1]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          3.  The Network Management Framework

          The Internet-standard Network Management Framework consists of three
          components.  They are:

                RFC 1155 which defines the SMI, the mechanisms used for describing
                and naming objects for the purpose of management.  RFC 1212
                defines a more concise description mechanism, which is wholly
                consistent with the SMI.

                RFC 1156 which defines MIB-I, the core set of managed objects for
                the Internet suite of protocols.  RFC 1213, defines MIB-II, an
                evolution of MIB-I based on implementation experience and new
                operational requirements.

                RFC 1157 which defines the SNMP, the protocol used for network
                access to managed objects.

             The Framework permits new objects to be defined for the purpose of
             experimentation and evaluation.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 2]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          4.  Objects

          Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store,
          termed the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the
          MIB are defined using the subset of Abstract Syntax Notation
          One (ASN.1) [7] defined in the SMI.  In particular, each
          object has a name, a syntax, and an encoding.  The name is an
          object identifier, an administratively assigned name, which
          specifies an object type.  The object type together with an
          object instance serves to uniquely identify a specific
          instantiation of the object.  For human convenience, we often
          use a textual string, termed the OBJECT DESCRIPTOR, to also
          refer to the object type.

          The syntax of an object type defines the abstract data
          structure corresponding to that object type.  The ASN.1
          language is used for this purpose.  However, the SMI RFC 1155
          [3] purposely restricts the ASN.1 constructs which may be
          used.  These restrictions are explicitly made for simplicity.

          The encoding of an object type is simply how that object type
          is represented using the object type's syntax.  Implicitly
          tied to the notion of an object type's syntax and encoding is
          how the object type is represented when being transmitted on
          the network.  The SMI specifies the use of the basic encoding
          rules of ASN.1 [8], subject to the additional requirements
          imposed by the SNMP.

          4.1.  Format of Definitions

          Section 9 contains contains the specification of all object
          types contained in this MIB module.  The object types are
          defined using the conventions defined in the SMI, as amended
          by the extensions specified in RFC 1212 and RFC 1215 [9,10].

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 3]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          5.  ATM Terminlogy

          Some basic ATM terminologies are described in this section to
          facilitate defining the ATM managed objects and ATM management
          groups.

          5.1.  VCL/VPL and VCC/VPC

          There are two distinct types of ATM virtual connections:
          Virtual Channel Connections (VCCs) and Virtual Path Connection
          (VPCs).  As shown in the figures below, ATM virtual
          connections are made of virtual links such as Virtual Channel
          Links (VCLs) or Virtual Path Links (VPLs). The VCI/VPI or VPI
          field in the ATM cell header associates each cell with a
          particular VCL or VPL over a given physical link.

           <-----------------------VCC------------------------------->
                    ----------                ----------
                    | ATM    |                |  ATM   |
                    |        |                |        |
          O<------->|Switch  |<-------------->|Switch  |<------------>O
             VCL1   |        |     VCL2       |        |      VCL3
                    ----------                ----------
           <---a managed segment-->
           <------------------a managed segment----------------------->

            Figure 1: Virtual Channel Links and Virtual Channel Connection

          As shown in Figure 1, end-to-end VCCs are created by the
          concatenation of VCLs. This is a path composed of more than
          once VCL spanning multiple network nodes to form a connection
          between two end-points.  The VCLs used to form a VCC all have
          the same attributes (i.e., bandwidth characteristics, QoS,
          etc.).  The switch routes cells between VCLs, thereby, forming
          VCCs across the network.  The VCCs are bi-directional.
          However, the traffic attributes in two directions of the
          connection can be symmetric or asymmetric, i.e., the two
          directions of the virtual connection can have the same or
          different traffic attributes.

          An ATM equipment (e.g., a router, switch or network) typically
          does not support a VCC end-to-end, but only a segment of the

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 4]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          VCC (see Figure 1).  Therefore, the managed resource is
          typically a VCC segment and the management of an end-to-end
          VCC is achieved by appropriate management of its individual
          components.

          Many VCLs may be carried within a single VPL.  All VCLs within
          a single VPL share the same VPI value in the ATM header.  In
          turn, several VPLs can be carried over a single physical link.

             <-----------------------VPC----------------------------->
                       ----------                ----------
                       | ATM    |                |  ATM   |
          VCCs         |        |                |        |
          <--|---------|Switch  |----------------|Switch  |----------|-->
          <--|         |        |                |        |          |-->
          <--|---------|        |----------------|        |----------|-->
               VPL1    ----------    VPL2        ----------   VPL3

             <---------a managed segment--------->
             <-------------------a managed segment------------------->

              Figure 2: Virtual Path Links and Virtual Path Connection

          End-to-end VPCs are created by the concatenation of VPLs and
          may be viewed as a logical bundle of VCCs as shown in Figure
          2.  An end-to-end VPC may be used by a user to group all those
          VCCs going to the same destination.  The switch switches VPLs
          while ignoring the VCLs within it.  Thus, at the switching
          point, a translation is performed on the VPL identifier fields
          (i.e., the VPI) in the ATM cell header.  The VPI field does
          not have end-to-end significance over the entire VPC.  Note
          that, for a switch or network supporting a VPC, only the VCI
          value has end-to-end significance since the switch or the
          network does not process the VCI field.  Therefore, in the
          context of a given switch or network, VPC and VCC are non-
          overlapping virtual connections.

          A switch or network typically does not support a VPC end-to-
          end, but only a segment of the VPC (see Figure 2).  Therefore,
          in a switch or network, a managed resource is typically a VPC
          segment and the management of an end-to-end VPC is achieved by
          appropriate management of its individual components.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 5]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          5.2.  PVC and SVC

          A Permanent Virtual Connection (PVC) is a provisioned VCC or
          VPC.  A Switched Virtual Connection (SVC) is a switched VCC or
          VPC that is set up in real-time via call set-up signaling
          procedures.  A PVC (or an SVC) can be a point-to-point,
          point-to-multipoint, or multipoint-to-multipoint VCC or VPC.

          5.3.  Traffic Management Parameters

          5.3.1.  Traffic Policing and Traffic Shaping Parameters

          In order to allocate resources fairly among different users,
          it is usually necessary to police traffic at different
          resource access points.  The traffic enforcement or policing
          taken at a UNI is called Usage Parameter Control (UPC) and is
          activated on an incoming VCL or VPL as shown in Figure 3.  The
          use of the traffic enforcer at the ingress of the connection
          is to make sure that the user traffic does not exceed the
          negotiated traffic parameters such as the peak cell rate.

                     ----------                   ----------
              UNI    |  ATM   |       NNI         |  ATM   |      UNI
               |     | switch |        |          | switch |       |
          O<---|---->X(UPC)   |<-------|--------->|   (UPC)X<------|--->O
               | VCL |        |        | VCL      |        |   VCL |
                     ----------                   ----------

                         Figure 3: An Example of a UPC

          In addition, traffic shaping may be performed on an outgoing
          VPL or VCL at a given ATM interface.  The function of the ATM
          traffic shaper at the egress of the connection is to smooth
          the outgoing cell traffic inter-arrival time.  If policing or
          shaping is not performed then the policing or shaping
          parameters are zero.

          5.3.2.  Cell Loss Priority

          To prioritize traffic during resource congestion, ATM cells
          are assigned one of the two types of Cell Loss Priority (CLP),

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 6]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          CLP=0 and CLP=1.  ATM cells with CLP=0 are treated as higher
          priority traffic than ATM cells with CLP=1.

          5.3.3.  QoS Class

          A VCC or VPC is associated with one of a number of Quality of
          Service (QoS) classes.  Four QoS classes have been specified
          to support service class A (constant bit rate video and
          circuit emulation), service class B (variable bit rate
          video/audio), service class C (connection-oriented data) and
          service class D (connectionless data).  The VCLs (or VPLs)
          concatenated to form a VCC (or VPC) will all have the same QoS
          class as that of the VCC (or VPC).

          6.  Overview

          ATM management objects are used to manage ATM interfaces, ATM
          virtual links and ATM virtual connection segments supported by
          a switch or network.  This section provides an overview and
          background of how to use this MIB and other potential MIBs for
          this purpose.

          The purpose of this memo is primarily to manage ATM PVCs.
          Management of ATM SVCs may require additional capabilities
          which are currently outside the scope of this memo.

          6.1.  Background

          The ATM MIB shall be used for ATM Customer Network Management
          (CNM) and ATM Network Management (NM) purposes for managing
          ATM interfaces, ATM virtual links and ATM virtual connections.
          Anything inside a switch or network is invisible and therefore
          shall not be manageable by the ATM MIB.  The ATM MIB shall
          support configuration, fault, and performance management of:

                     (1) ATM interfaces

                     (2) ATM virtual links

                     (3) ATM virtual connections

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 7]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          In addition, other MIB modules are necessary to manage ATM
          interfaces and connections.  Examples include MIB II for
          general system and interface management, the DS3 or SONET MIBs
          for management of physical interfaces, and, as appropriate,
          MIB modules for applications that make use of ATM, such as
          SMDS.  These MIB modules are outside the scope of this
          specification.

          The current specification of this ATM MIB is based on SNMPv1.

          6.2.  Structure of the MIB

          The managed ATM objects are arranged into the following groups
          for management of (1) ATM local interfaces including VCLs/VPLs
          and (2) ATM virtual connections.  For a switch or network that
          terminates or originates VCCs, the management of ATM local
          interfaces also includes management of ATM adaptation layers
          for ATM applications.  In addition, managed ATM objects for
          activation/deactivation of OAM cell flows and ATM traps
          notifying virtual connection or virtual link failures such as
          VP-AIS may be needed and are under study.

                  (1) ATM interface configuration group
                  (2) ATM interface DS3 PLCP group
                  (3) ATM interface SONET TC Sublayer group
                  (4) ATM interface VPL and VCL cell layer performance groups
                  (5) ATM Virtual Connection Segment (VPC/VCC) groups
                  (6) ATM interface VCL AAL pointer group

          The groups listed above are the basic units of conformance. If
          the semantics of a group are applicable to an implementation,
          then it must implement all objects in that group.  For
          example, a managed agent must implement the VCC group if and
          only if it manages the VCCs.

          6.3.  ATM Interface Configuration Group

          This group is designed to manage physical layer and cell layer
          configuration of local ATM interfaces on an ATM device.  In
          addition, this group provides pointers to any additional MIB
          modules (e.g., enterprise-specific) that may be needed to
          manage this interface.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 8]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          6.4.  ATM Interface DS3 PLCP and SONET TC Layer Groups

          These groups provide performance statistics of the DS3 PLCP
          and SONET TC sublayer of local ATM interfaces on a managed ATM
          device.  DS3 PLCP and SONET TC sublayer are used to carry ATM
          cells respectively over DS3 and SONET transmission paths.

          6.5.  ATM Interface VCL/VPL Cell Layer Performance Groups

          These groups provide performance monitoring of ATM virtual
          links to isolate problems associated with a specific VCL or
          VPL or a virtual connection.  Due to traffic enforcement, ATM
          cells can be dropped on an incoming virtual link.  Also, ATM
          cells lost internally within a network or a switch (e.g., due
          to congestions) can degrade the performance of a virtual
          connection and hence can result in different cell counts at
          the two end points of a connection.

          [Ed. note: Given different opinions expressed on this issue
          during and since the Ohio meeting, comments are requested o
          this issue.]

          6.6.  ATM Virtual Connection Segment Groups

          6.6.1.  Introduction

          In these groups, managed segments of virtual connections are
          modeled as a set of unidirectional traffic flows between an
          ingress and an egress of a switch or network (see Figure 4).
          This allows for independent treatment of the forward and
          backward traffic flows of virtual connections, and allows for
          the management of all possible topologies (pt/pt, pt/mpt,
          mpt/mpt).

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                 [Page 9]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                  Managed Resource                       Managed Resource
                    Ingress___________________________________Egress
          _________________| >> Virtual Connection traffic >> |______________
                           |__________________________________|

                      Figure 4 - Model unidirectional traffic flow

          The In and Out in this model necessarily differs from the
          model in the ifTable of MIB II, where the In/Out is measured
          at the same port. The relationship is shown in Figure 5.

                                     Port x
                                      __________________________/
          LocalIn-->    (Ingress XtoY)|     >> XtoY traffic >>   /
          ____________________________| ________________________/
          LocalOut<--    (Egress YtoX)|     << YtoX traffic <<  /
                                      |________________________/

          Figure 5 - Relation Local In/Out with Virtual Connection Ingress/Egress

          Each Ingress-Egress flow is represented as a separate entry in
          the atmConnectionTables.  This approach accommodates
          unidirectional, bidirectional, point-to-point, point-to-
          multipoint, and multipoint-to-multipoint topologies.  It also
          allows for efficient searching by port number.  For example, a
          bidirectional point-to-point virtual connection between port 1
          and port 2 is represented by the entries:
                    {Port1VCx-Port2VCy}
                    {Port2VCy-Port1VCx}

          Similarly, a bidirectional point-to-multipoint virtual
          connection from port 1 to ports 2 and 3, is represented by the
          entries:
                     {Port1VCx-Port2VCy}
                     {Port1VCx-Port3VCz}
                     {Port2VCy-Port1VCx}
                     {Port3VCz-Port1VCx}

          A bidirectional multipoint-to-multipoint virtual connection
          between ports 1, 2, and 3 is represented by the entries:
                    {Port1VCx-Port2VCy}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 10]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                    {Port1VCx-Port3VCz}
                    {Port2VCy-Port1VCx}
                    {Port2VCy-Port3VCz}
                    {Port3VCz-Port1VCx}
                    {Port3VCz-Port2VCy}

          A unidirectional multicast from port 1 to ports 2, 3, and 4
          ports 1, 2, and 3 is represented by the entries:
                    {Port1VCx-Port2VCy}
                    {Port1VCx-Port3VCz}
                    {Port1VCx-Port4VCw}

          The purpose of atmConnectionTable is to specify for each
          managed virtual connection segment supported by the ATM
          equipment (e.g., a router, switch or network):
                 1) Its identifier at the ingress
                 2) Its identifier at the egress
                 3) The characterization of the virtual connection.

          6.6.2.  Virtual Connection Identifiers at Ingress and Egress

          The virtual connection identifiers at ingress and egress of
          the ATM equipment must be locally unique to the equipement.
          For VCCs, this is achieved by the tuples:
               {atmVCConnectionIngressPort, atmVCConnectionIngressVpi,
                                          atmVCConnectionIngressVci}, and
               {atmVCConnectionEgressPort, atmVCConnectionEgressVpi,
                                          atmVCConnectionEgressVci}

          For VPCs, this is achieved by the tuples:
               {atmVCConnectionIngressPort, atmVCConnectionIngressVpi}, and
               {atmVCConnectionEgressPort, atmVCConnectionEgressVpi}

          6.6.3.  Virtual Connection Characterization

          A virtual connection segment is characterized by the following
          parameters:

            Quality of Service (QoS): specifying performance objectives
                    for the virtual connection segment,
            Traffic policer: specifying the traffic enforcement policy
                    at the ingress of the virtual connection segment, and

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 11]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

            Traffic shaper: specifying the traffic enforcement policy
                    at the egress of the virtual connection segment.

          6.6.4.  Sets

          Requests for new virtual connections, discontinuation of
          existing virtual connections, and modifications of existing
          virtual connections are accommodated by proper use of the
          atmConnectionTableEntryStatus column. The structure of the
          atmConnectionTableEntry allows to request and fully qualify
          new connections by a single set operation. The status column
          follows the textual convention RowStatus defined in [RFC1443].

          [Needs text specifying its use under SNMPv1].

          Not all managed resources may support sets for this table.
          Furthermore, sets on the individual columns are only supported
          within the range of values, supported by the ATM equipment.

          The set capability shall only be supported for PVCs. SVCs are
          set up via appropriate call signaling procedures.

          The creation of one or more rows in this table has the
          following effects:
            - A virtual connection of the specified type, and with the specified
              qualifications shall be provisioned,
            - Associated entries in the local interface tables shall be created.

          The following constraints apply to virtual connection
          modifications:

          [text to be provided. there are probably cases where one
          cannot do certain modifications.  For example, can one change
          a unidirectional PVC to a bidirectional one?  Can one change
          the QOS of an existing virtual connection?  And so on.]

          For some ATM equipments, requests for changes in the virtual
          connection table may be honored after a period of time, due to
          provisioning activities. This MIB module by itself does not
          accommodate this issue. Thus, management under SNMPv1 does not
          accommodate these needs. However, SNMPv2 does provide the
          means to accommodate it [RFC1441-1452].

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 12]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          6.6.5.  Virtual Connection Association with Interface
          Addresses

          Interface addresses may not be typically freely allocated, and
          are usually assigned by the provider of the switch or network
          (e.g., the public service provider in case of a public
          network).  Furthermore, addresses may be assigned without
          virtual connections being established. Therefore, these
          addresses appear in the local interface tables, and not in the
          atmConnectionTable.

          6.6.6.  Management of an End-to-End Virtual Connection

          [to be supplied - text explaining that one needs to figure out
          which switches or networks/managed VC segments take part in
          the virtual connection, and that one needs to string the
          virtual connection table info of each of those segments
          together if one wants to know the whole story]

          6.7.  ATM Interface VCL AAL Pointer Group

          Since AAL sublayer will be potentially represented by
          ifEntries in the Interfaces Group of MIB II, the mapping of
          the AAL interfaces to the corresponding VPI/VCI values of the
          VCL which terminates the AAL at the ATM interface is needed.
          The ATM interface VCL AAL pointer group provides that mapping.
          Note that the current proposal on Interfaces Group Evolution
          [13] recommends not to represent ATM virtual connections by
          ifEntries in the Interfaces Group of MIB II.

          [Ed. note: a way to avoid this table is to set the
          ifPhysAddress value in the AAL entries to the VPI/VCI values
          of the virtual connection supporting the AAl.  Comments are
          requested.]

          7.  Application of MIB II to ATM

          7.1.  The System Group

          This specifies how the System Group defined in MIB II
          (RFC1213) shall be used for ATM agent/proxy agent.  For ATM
          switches or ATM networks, the sysServices object in the System

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 13]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          Group has the value "2" which implies that the ATM switch or
          network is providing a subnetwork level service.

          7.2.  The Interface Group

          This specifies how the Interfaces Group defined in MIB II
          shall be used for the management of ATM based interfaces, and
          in conjunction with the ATM MIB modules. This memo assumes the
          interpretation of the Interfaces group to be in accordance
          with [13]: "The interfaces table (ifTable) contains
          information on the managed resource's interfaces.  Each sub-
          layer below the internetwork layer of a network interface is
          considered an interface." Thus, the ifTable allows the
          following ATM-based interfaces to be represented as table
          entries:

          - ATM cell level interfaces in the ATM equipments (e.g.,
            switches, routers or networks) with ATM interfaces.
            This level is concerned with generic cell counts and
            not with individual virtual connections.

          - AAL level interfaces in the ATM equipments (e.g.,
            switches, routers or networks) that originate
            or terminate ATM VCCs. This MIB module accommodates
            two AAL types, i.e., AAL3/4 SAR and AAL5 CPCS.

          In accordance with the guidelines of ifTable, cell counts per
          virtual connection are not covered by ifTable, and is
          considered interface specific and covered in the ATM MIB
          module defined in this memo.  In order to interrelate the
          ifEntries properly, the Interfaces Stack Group defined in [13]
          shall be supported.

          7.2.1.  Support of the ATM Cell Layer by ifTable

          Some specific interpretations of ifTable for the ATM cell
          layer follow.
          Object            Use for the generic ATM layer.
          ifIndex           Each ATM port is represented by an ifEntry.
          ifDescr           Description of the ATM interface.
          ifType            The value to be allocated for ATM is 37.
          ifMtu             Set to 53.
          ifSpeed           Peak bandwidth in bits per second available for use.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 14]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          ifPhysAddress     The primary address for this interface
                            assigned by the ATM interface provider.
                            An octet string of zero length if no address is
                            used for this interface.
          ifAdminStatus     Supports read-only access (initially).
                            Set to the same value as ifOperStatus.
          ifOperStatus      Assumes the value down(2) if the ATM cell layer or
                            any layer below that layer is down.
          ifLastChange      The elapsed time since the last re-initializtion.
          ifInOctets        The number of received cells multiplied by 53.
          ifOutOctets       The number of transmitted cells multiplied by 53.
          ifInUcastPkts     The number of received unerrored assigned cells.
          ifInNUcastPkts    Set to 0 since the generic ATM level is
                            point-to-point.
          ifOutUcastpkts    The number of assigned cells received for transmission.
                            [Ed. note:  ATM switches provide counts of
                            transmitted cells and not of cells received
                            for transmission as required by the ifTable.
                            This is because the latter counter is
                            switch architecture dependent.
                            Comments are requested on this issue.]
          ifOutNUcastpkts   Set to 0 since the generic ATM level is
                            point-to-point.
          ifInErrors        The number of received cells that are
                            dropped due to uncorrectable header bit errors.
          ifInUnknownProtos The number of received cells discarded
                            due to header content errors which include
                            unrecognized VPI or VPI/VCI values, incorrect
                            PTI values or incorrect cell header patterns.
          ifInDiscards      [to be specified]
          ifOutErrors       [to be specified]
          ifOutDiscards     [to be specified]
          ifOutQLen         [to be specified]
          ifSpecific        Set to the OBJECT IDENTIFIER { experimental 41 }.
                            [ed.note to be changed to { transmission 37 } if
                            this specification is put on the IETF standards
                            track]

          7.2.2.  Support of the AAL sub-layer by ifTable

          Some specific interpretations of ifTable for AAL protocols for
          AAL3/4 SAR layer and AAL5 CPCS layer follow.
          Object          Use for AAL3/4 SAR or AAL5 CPCS layer
          ifIndex         Each AAL VC is represented by an ifEntry.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 15]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          ifDescr         Description of the AAL interface.
          ifType          [the value to be allocated for AAL3/4 or AAL5]
          ifMtu           Set to 48 for AAL3/4 SAR layer.  Set
                          to the largest PDU size for the AAL5 CPCS layer.
          ifSpeed         [do we derive the AAL rate from the peak cell
                          rate or sustained cell rate ? the ATM cell rate
                          includes both user cells and OAM cells, however, the
                          AAL does not include the OAM cells ?]
          ifPhysAddress   An octet string of zero length.
                          [Ed. note: this could be set to the VPI/VCI
                           values; see 6.7]
          ifAdminStatus   Supports read-only access.
                          Set to the same value as ifOperStatus.
          ifOperStatus    Assumes the value down(2) if the AAL or
                          any layer below that layer is down.
          ifSpecific      Set to the OBJECT IDENTIFIER { 0 0 }.
          ifInOctets      Number of received AAL PDU multiplied by 48 octets
                          for AAL3/4 SAR layer.
                          Number of received AAL PDU octets for
                          AAL5 CPCS layer.
          ifOutOctets     Number of transmitted AAL PDUs multiplied by 48 octets
                          for AAL3/4 SAR layer.
                          Number of AAL PDU octets received for transmission
                          for AAL5 CPCS layer.
          ifInUcastPkts   Number of received unerrored AAL PDUs.
          ifInNUcastPkts  [to be specified]
          ifOutUcastpkt   Number of AAL PDUs received for transmission.
                          [Ed. note:  ATM switches provide counts of
                          transmitted AAL PDUs and not of AAL PDUs received
                          for transmission as required by the ifTable.
                          This is because the latter counter is
                          switch architecture dependent.
                          Comments are requested on this issue.]
          ifOutNUcastpkt  [to be specified]
          ifInErrors      Number of received AAL PDUs with transmission errors.
          ifInUnknownProtos Number of received AAL PDUs with protocol errors.
          ifInDiscards      [to be specified]
          ifOutErrors       [to be specified]
          ifOutDiscards     [to be specified]
          ifOutQLen         [to be specified]
          ifSpecific        Set to the OBJECT IDENTIFIER { experimental 41 }.
                            [ed.note to be changed to { transmission 37 } if
                            this specification is put on the IETF standards
                            track]

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 16]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          8.  ILMI MIB and The ATM Managed Objects

          The ILMI MIB is specified by the ATM Forum in UNI
          specification document, Draft 2.1, to manage local ATM UNIs.
          The support of the ATM management functions by the ILMI MIB
          and the ATM MIB are compared in Table 1.  In the table below,
          "yes" in ILMI column indicates that the management functions
          are supported by the ILMI MIB.  The MIB groups in the ATM MIB
          column are the groups listed in Section 6.2.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 17]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                       Table 1 - Structuring of ATM Managed Objects

                        |                                 |           |        |
          ATM Mgmt.Inf. |ATM Managed Objects              |This memo  |ILMI MIB|
          ______________|_________________________________|___________|________|

          Local Interface Information:
          ATM interface:| (1) port identifier             | ATM       |       |
          physical layer| (2) physical transmission types | MIB gr.1* |yes    |
          configuration | (3) physical media types        |           |       |
                        | (4) operational status          | MIB II    |       |
                        | (5) administrative status       |           |       |
          ATM interface:| (1) maximum VPI/VCI fields      | ATM       |       |
          cell layer    | (2) maximum number of VPCs/VCCs | MIB gr.1  |yes    |
          configuration | (3) configured VPCs/VCCs        |           |       |
                        | (4) ILMI VPI/VCI value          |           |       |
                        | (5) additional MIB pointer      |           |       |
          ATM interface:|(1) received/transmitted cells   |           |       |
          cell layer    |(2) errored cells                | MIB II    |yes    |
          performance   |(3) header content violations    |           |       |
          ATM interface:|(1)DS3 PLCP severely errored     | ATM       |       |
          PLCP & TC     |   framing seconds               | MIB gr.2,3|       |
          layer         |(2)DS3 PLCP unavailable seconds  |           |no     |
          performance   |(3)DS3 PLCP alarm state          |           |       |
                        |(4)loss of cell delineation      |           |       |
                        |   events                        |           |       |

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 18]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          Virtual link: |(1)VPI or VPI/VCI value          | ATM       |       |
          cell layer    |(2)VCL or VPL operational status | MIB gr. 4 |yes**  |
                        |(3)VCL/VPL administrative status |           |       |
                        |(4)received/transmitted cells    |           |       |
                        |   across a VCL/VPL              |           |       |
                        |(5)cells dropped due to traffic  |           |       |
                        |   enforcement                   |           |       |
          Virtual link: |(1)PDUs discarded for protocol   |           |       |
          AAL3/4 SAR    |   errors                        | MIB II    |no     |
          layer         |(2)PDUs discarded for procedural |           |       |
                        |   or transmission errors        |           |       |
          Virtual link: |(1)PDUs discarded for protocol   |           |       |
          AAL5 CPCS     |   errors                        |           |       |
                        |(2)PDUs discarded for procedural | MIB II    |no     |
                        |   or transmission errors        |           |       |
          Virtual link: |(1)ATM port identifier           | ATM       |       |
          AAL Pointer   |(2)AAL ifIndex                   | MIB gr. 6 |no     |
                        |(3)VPI/VCI values                |           |       |
          Virtual Connection Information:
          Comments:     |(1)port identifier of ingress    |           |       |
                        |   end                           |           |       |
          Virtual       |(2)port identifier of egress     |ATM        |       |
          connection    |   end                           |MIB gr. 5  |no     |
          information   |(3)VPI or VPI/VCI value          |           |       |
          are provided  |   of ingress VCL/VPL            |           |       |
          for each      |(4)VPI or VPI/VCI value of       |           |       |
          direction     |   egress VCL/VPL                |           |       |
          of the        |(5)policing parameters of        |           |       |
          connection.   |   ingress VCL/VPL               |           |       |
                        |(6)shaping parameters of         |           |       |
                        |   egress VCL/VPL                |           |       |
                        |(7)QoS class of ingress          |           |       |
                        |   VCL/VPL                       |           |       |
                        |(8)VCC/VPC operational status    |           |       |
                        |(9)VCC/VPC administrative status |           |       |

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 19]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          *The operational and administrative status of the ATM
          interface shall be supported by the interface table in MIB II.

          **The ILMI MIB contains local and end-to-end operational
          status of the VPC/VCC.  However, it does not contain the
          administrative status and the cell statistics for the local
          VPC/VCC.  Also, the ILMI MIB contains policing parameters,
          shaping parameters and QoS class as local information and not
          as virtual connection information.

          The table 1 shows that the ILMI MIB supports most of the ATM
          functions that are supported by the ATM MIB groups 1, 4 and
          interface group in MIB II.  Since the ILMI MIB is used only
          for local UNI management, it does not provide any identifier
          to uniquely identify an ATM interface port.  Therefore, these
          functions have been added in this specification.

          The ILMI MIB contains the QoS Class, traffic policing and
          shaping parameters as the local interface information.  This
          specification supports these functions in the virtual
          connection group to facilitate setting up or modifying virtual
          connections.  This approach does not change the semantics of
          these variables, only the OIDs of these variables change.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 20]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          9.  Object Definitions

               RFCxxxx-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

               IMPORTS
                       experimental, Counter
                          FROM RFC1155-SMI
                       DisplayString
                          FROM RFC1213-MIB
                       OBJECT-TYPE
                          FROM RFC-1212
                       TRAP-TYPE
                          FROM RFC-1215;

               --  This MIB module uses the extended OBJECT-TYPE macro as
               --  defined in RFC-1212 and the TRAP-TYPE macro as defined
               --  in RFC1215.

               --  This is the MIB Module for ATM-related objects for managing
               -- ATM interfaces and ATM connections.

               atmMIB      OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {experimental 41}

               atmMIBAdmin  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 1}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 21]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               --This ATM MIB consists of the following MIB modules:
               -- (1) ATM Interface configuration group
               -- (2) ATM Interface DS3 PLCP group
               -- (3) ATM Interface SONET TC Sublayer group
               -- (4) ATM Interface VPL performance group
               -- (5) ATM Interface VCL performance group
               -- (6) ATM VPC group
               -- (7) ATM VCC group
               -- (8) ATM Interface VCL AAL pointers group

               AtmInterfacePortIdentifier ::= OCTET STRING (SIZE (0..20))
               --An ATM port identifier of length between 0 and 20 octets
               --to uniquely identify an ATM interface.
               --This identifier is assigned by the provider
               --of the managed resource.  The provider may
               --use the ATM address as the ATM interface identifier.
               --For multiple ATM addresses configured at an ATM interface,
               --a table associating the ATM addresses to
               --an ATM interface will be needed.

               ---------                     The MIB Groups
               atmInterfaceConfGroup           OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 2}
               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpGroup        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 3}
               atmInterfaceSonetTCGroup        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 4}
               atmInterfaceVplPerfGroup        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 5}
               atmInterfaceVclPerfGroup        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 6}
               atmVpcGroup                     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 7}
               atmVccGroup                     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 8}
               atmInterfaceVclAalPointerGroup  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIB 9}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 22]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               --The following values are defined for use as
               -- possible values of the
               -- atmInterfaceTransmissionType object.

               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes OBJECT IDENTIFIER::= {atmMIBAdmin 1}

               --- Unknown transmission type
               atmInterfaceUnknownType     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 1}

               ---SONET STS-12c physical layer at 622 Mbps.
               atmInterfaceSonetSTS12c   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 2}

               ---SONET STS-3c physical layer at 155.52 Mbps.
               atmInterfaceSonetSTS3c   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 3}

               ---SONET STS1 physical layer at 55.53 Mbps.
               atmInterfaceSonetSTS1  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 4}

               ---DS3 physical layer at 44.736 Mbps.
               atmInterfaceDS3   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 5}

               ---4B/5B encoding physical layer at  100 Mbps.
               atmInterface4B5B   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 6}

               ---8B/10B encoding physical layer at  155.52 Mbps.
               atmInterface8B10B  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 7}

               ---DS1 physical layer at 1.536 Mbps.
               atmInterfaceDS1  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 8}

               ---UTP 25 Mbps physical layer.
               atmInterfaceUtp25  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTransmissionTypes 9}

               --The following values are defined for use as

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 23]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               --possible values of the atmInterfaceMediaType object.

               atmInterfaceMediaTypes   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {atmMIBAdmin 2}

               --- Unknown media type
               atmInterfaceMediaUnknownType OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 1}

               ---Coaxial cables.
               atmInterfaceMediaCoaxCable   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 2}

               ---Single mode fiber.
               atmInterfaceMediaSingleMode  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 3}

               ---Multi-mode fiber.
               atmInterfaceMediaMultiMode  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 4}

               ---Shielded twisted pair.
               atmInterfaceMediaStp   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 5}

               ---Unshielded twisted pair.
               atmInterfaceMediaUtp  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceMediaTypes 6}

               --The following values are defined for use as
               --possible values of the type of Traffic Enforcement.
               --It is assumed that the same algorithms will be
               --used for traffic policing and shaping.
               --Seven types of traffic enforcement have been
               --specified so far by the ATM Forum UNI Specification,
               --Draft 2.2 including one for the best effort traffic.
               --The types of traffic policing and shaping
               --may be provider or switch specific.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmMIBAdmin 3}

               -- No traffic enforcement
               atmInterfaceNoTrafficEnforcement  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 1}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 24]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "1", e.g.,  type 1 may be
               --peak cell rate traffic enforcement for CLP=0 peak traffic
               --and CLP=0+1 peak traffic.
               --The peak rate is measured in cells per second.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType1 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 2}

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "2", e.g.,  type 2 may be peak cell rate
               -- traffic enforcement for CLP=0 peak traffic and
               -- CLP=0+1 peak traffic plus tagging.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType2 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 3}

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "3", e.g.,  type 3 may be
               --peak rate traffic enforcement for CLP=0+1 traffic
               --plus sustained rate and maximum burst size traffic enforcement.
               --The sustained rate is for CLP=0 traffic
               -- and is measured in cells per second and burst
               -- size is for CLP=0 traffic and is measured in terms
               -- of cells.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType3 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 4}

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "4", e.g.,  type 4 may be peak rate
               -- (CLP=0+1) plus sustained rate (CLP=0) and maximum burst
               -- size (CLP=0) traffic enforcement including tagging.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType4 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 5}

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "5", e.g.,  type 5 may be peak rate
               -- (CLP=0+1) traffic enforcement.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType5 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 6}

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "6", e.g.,  type 6 may be peak rate
               -- (CLP=0+1) plus sustained rate (CLP=0+1) and maximum burst
               -- size (CLP=0+1) traffic enforcement.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType6 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 7}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 25]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               -- TrafficEnforcement type "7", e.g.,  type 7 may be peak cell rate
               -- (CLP=0+1) plus best effort indication.

               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementType7 OBJECT IDENTIFIER::={
               atmInterfaceTrafficEnforcementTypes 8}

               --    ATM Interface Configuration Parameters Group
               --Implementation of this group is mandatory
               -- if providing ATM Interfaces.

               ---- The ATM Interface Configuration Table

               atmInterfaceConfTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                         SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceConfEntry
                         ACCESS       not-accessible
                         STATUS       mandatory
                         DESCRIPTION
                          "This table contains ATM local interface configuration
                           parameters and state variables, one
                           entry per ATM interface port."
                         ::= { atmInterfaceConfGroup 1}

               atmInterfaceConfEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                         SYNTAX              AtmInterfaceConfEntry
                         ACCESS              not-accessible
                         STATUS              mandatory
                         DESCRIPTION
                          "This list contains ATM interface configuration
                           parameters and state variables."
                         INDEX { atmInterfaceIndex }
                         ::= { atmInterfaceConfTable  1}

               AtmInterfaceConfEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                         atmInterfaceIndex
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfacePortIdentifier
                           AtmInterfacePortIdentifier,
                         atmInterfaceTransmissionType
                           OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                         atmInterfaceMediaType
                           OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                         atmInterfaceMaxVpcs

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 26]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceMaxVccs
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceConfVpcs
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceConfVccs
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceMaxActiveVpiBits
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceMaxActiveVciBits
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceIlmiVpiVci
                           INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceSpecific
                           OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                              }

               atmInterfaceIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX     INTEGER (1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS      read-only
                           STATUS      mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ATM port
                             interface for which this entry contains
                             management information. The value of this
                             object for a particular ATM interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 1 }

               atmInterfacePortIdentifier    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        AtmInterfacePortIdentifier
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The primary address of this ATM interface
                             port assigned by the ATM provider."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry  2}

               atmInterfaceTransmissionType    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX                      OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS                        read-only
                           STATUS                       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 27]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                            "The transmission type of this ATM port.
                             For example, for a port using the
                             SONET STS-3c, this object would have the
                             Object Identifier value:
                             atmInterfaceSonetSTS3c."
                           ::= {atmInterfaceConfEntry  3}

               atmInterfaceMediaType  OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS               read-only
                           STATUS               mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The transmission media type used on
                             this ATM port.  For example, for a port
                             using coaxial cable, this object would
                             have the Object Identifier value:
                             atmInterfaceMediaCoaxCable."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry  4}

               atmInterfaceMaxVpcs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..255)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The maximum number of VPCs supported at
                             this ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 5}

               atmInterfaceMaxVccs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The maximum number of VCCs supported at
                             the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 6}

               atmInterfaceConfVpcs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..255)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of VPCs configured for use
                             at this ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 7}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 28]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               atmInterfaceConfVccs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of VCCs configured for use
                             at the ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 8}

               atmInterfaceMaxActiveVpiBits    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..8)
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The  maximum number of active VPI bits
                             configured for use at the ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 9}

               atmInterfaceMaxActiveVciBits    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..16)
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The maximum number of active VCI bits
                             configured for use at this ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 10}

               atmInterfaceIlmiVpiVci          OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..16777215)
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI and VCI values used for ILMI
                             at the ATM interface.
                             If the value of this object is greater
                             than 16777215 then the ILMI is not supported
                             at the ATM interface.
                             The default VPI/VCI values for ILMI
                             are VPI=0 and VCI=16."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 11}

               atmInterfaceSpecific          OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 29]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object points to the additional information
                             specific to ATM interfaces.  For example, if
                             Enterprise specific objects have been defined
                             in addition to this MIB module, then the
                             value of this object refers to that MIB
                             defining these objects.  If the additional
                             information is not present, then the value
                             should be {0 0}."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceConfEntry 12}

               --The ATM Interface DS3 PLCP Group

               --Implementation of this group is mandatory
               --if the DS3 PLCP is implemented.

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table contains ATM interface DS3 PLCP
                             parameters and state variables, one entry per
                             ATM interface port."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpGroup 1}

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             AtmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This list contains DS3 PLCP parameters and
                             state variables at the ATM interface."
                           INDEX    {atmInterfaceDs3PlcpIndex }
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpTable 1}

               AtmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                           atmInterfaceDs3PlcpIndex
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceDs3PlcpSEFSs
                             Counter,
                           atmInterfaceDs3PlcpAlarmState
                             INTEGER,

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 30]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           atmInterfaceDs3PlcpUASs
                             Counter
                             }

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ATM
                             interface port for which this entry
                             contains management information and is the
                             same as the atmInterfaceIndex."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry  1}

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpSEFSs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       Counter
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "A DS3 Severely Errored Framing Second (SEFS)
                             is a count of one-second intervals
                             containing one or more SEF event."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry 2}

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpAlarmState    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  { noAlarm(1),
                                                   receivedFarEndAlarm(2),
                                                   incomingLOF(3)
                                                       }
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This variable indicates if there is an
                             alarm present for the DS3 PLCP.  The value
                             receivedFarEndAlarm means that the DS3 PLCP
                             has received an incoming Yellow
                             Signal, the value incomingLOF means that
                             the DS3 PLCP has declared a loss of frame (LOF)
                             failure condition, and the value noAlarm
                             means that there are no alarms present."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry 3}

               atmInterfaceDs3PlcpUASs    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       Counter

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 31]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The counter associated with the number of
                             Unavailable Seconds encountered by the PLCP."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceDs3PlcpEntry 4}

               --The ATM Interface SONET TC Sublayer Group

               --Implementation of this group is mandatory
               --if SONET TC Sublayer is implemented.

               atmInterfaceSonetTCTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceSonetTCEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table contains ATM interface SONET TC
                             Sublayer parameters and state variables,
                             one entry per ATM interface port."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceSonetTCGroup 1}

               atmInterfaceSonetTCEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             AtmInterfaceSonetTCEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This list contains SONET TC Sublayer parameters
                             and state variables at the ATM interface."
                           INDEX    {atmInterfaceSonetTCIndex }
                           ::= { atmInterfaceSonetTCTable 1}

               AtmInterfaceSonetTCEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                           atmInterfaceSonetTCIndex
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceSonetTCLOCEvents
                             Counter
                             }

               atmInterfaceSonetTCIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS         read-only

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 32]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ATM
                             interface port for which this entry
                             contains management information and is
                             the same as the atmInterfaceIndex."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceSonetTCEntry  1}

               atmInterfaceSonetTCLOCEvents    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       Counter
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of times the Loss of Cell
                             Delineation (LOC) events occur.  If seven
                             consecutive ATM cells have Header Error
                             Control (HEC) violations, an LOC event occurs."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceSonetTCEntry 2}

               --  ATM Interface Virtual Path Link (VPL) Group
               --Implementation of this group is mandatory if providing
               -- an ATM Interface Virtual Path Link for which the
               -- Virtual Channel Links are not provided.
               -- This group provides local information only.

               --This group contains performance of a
               --Virtual Path Link (VPL) that is not associated
               -- with Virtual Channel Links (VCLs).

               ---- The ATM Interface Virtual Path Link Performance Table

               atmInterfaceVplPerfTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                          SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceVplPerfEntry
                          ACCESS       not-accessible
                          STATUS       mandatory
                          DESCRIPTION
                           "This table contains ATM interface VPL performance
                            parameters and state variables."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfGroup 1}

               atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                          SYNTAX              AtmInterfaceVplPerfEntry
                          ACCESS               not-accessible

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 33]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                          STATUS               mandatory
                          DESCRIPTION
                           "This list contains ATM interface VPL performance
                            parameters and state variables."
                          INDEX  {atmInterfaceVplIndex, atmInterfaceVplVpi }
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfTable  1}

               AtmInterfaceVplPerfEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                           atmInterfaceVplIndex
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceVplVpi
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceVplOperStatus
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceVplAdminStatus
                             INTEGER,
                           atmInterfaceVplReceivedCells
                             Counter,
                           atmInterfaceVplTransmittedCells
                             Counter,
                           atmInterfaceVplPolicerViolations
                             Counter,
                           atmInterfaceVplShaperViolations
                             Counter
                              }

               atmInterfaceVplIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the
                             ATM  port interface and is the same
                             as the atmInterfaceIndex."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry  1}

               atmInterfaceVplVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (1..255)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value of the Virtual Path Link at
                             the ATM interface.  The VPI=0 cannot be used
                             for a VPL not associated with a VCL.
                             The maximum VPI value cannot

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 34]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             exceed the atmInterfaceMaxVpcs."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 2}

               atmInterfaceVplOperStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  { up(1),
                                                   down(2)
                                                      }
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the operational
                             status of the Virtual Path Link, i.e.,
                             whether the VPL is up or down.
                             In the down state, no cells can be passed
                             across this VPL."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 3}

               atmInterfaceVplAdminStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  { up(1),
                                                   down(2)
                                                      }
                           ACCESS         read-write
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the desired status
                             of the Virtual Path Link as determined by
                             the ATM Network Manager,
                             i.e., the VPL  up or down."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 4}

               atmInterfaceVplReceivedCells    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              Counter
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The total number of unerrored assigned
                             cells received on
                             this VPL at the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 5}

               atmInterfaceVplTransmittedCells    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              Counter
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 35]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                            "The total number of assigned cells
                             transmitted on this VPL at the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 6}

               atmInterfaceVplPolicerViolations    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              Counter
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of assigned cells received on this
                             VPL that exceed the VPL traffic enforcement
                             parameters at the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 7}

               atmInterfaceVplShaperViolations    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              Counter
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of assigned cells that are dropped
                             on this VPL due to traffic shaping at the
                             transmit side of the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVplPerfEntry 8}

               --     ATM Interface Virtual Channel Link (VCL) Group

               --     ATM Interface Virtual Channel Link (VCL) Group
               --Implementation of this group is mandatory if providing
               -- an ATM Interface Virtual-Channel Link.
               --   This group provides local information only.

               --This group contains performance information
               -- of ATM Virtual Channel Links (VCLs).

               ---- The ATM Interface VCL Performance Table

               atmInterfaceVclPerfTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF AtmInterfaceVclPerfEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table contains ATM interface VCL performance

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 36]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             parameters and state variables."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfGroup 1}

               atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              AtmInterfaceVclPerfEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This list contains ATM interface VCL performance
                             parameters and state variables."
                           INDEX    {atmInterfaceVclIndex, atmInterfaceVclVpi,
                                      atmInterfaceVclVci }
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfTable  1}

               AtmInterfaceVclPerfEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                          atmInterfaceVclIndex
                            INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceVclVpi
                            INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceVclVci
                            INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceVclOperStatus
                            INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceVclAdminStatus
                            INTEGER,
                         atmInterfaceVclReceivedCells
                            Counter,
                         atmInterfaceVclTransmittedCells
                            Counter,
                         atmInterfaceVclPolicerViolations
                            Counter,
                         atmInterfaceVclShaperViolations
                            Counter
                            }

               atmInterfaceVclIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS        read-only
                           STATUS        mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the
                             ATM port interface and is the same as
                             the atmInterfaceIndex."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry  1}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 37]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               atmInterfaceVclVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..255)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value of the VCL at the ATM interface.
                             The maximum VPI value cannot exceed the
                             number supported by the atmInterfaceMaxActiveVpiBits."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 2}

               atmInterfaceVclVci    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VCI value of the VCL at the ATM interface.
                             The maximum VCI value cannot exceed the
                             the atmInterfaceMaxVccs."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 3}

               atmInterfaceVclOperStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  { up(1),
                                                   down(2)  }
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the operational status
                             of the Virtual Channel Link, i.e., whether the
                             VCL is up or down.  In the down state, no cells
                             can be passed across this VCL."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 4}

               atmInterfaceVclAdminStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  { up(1),
                                                   down(2)        }
                           ACCESS         read-write
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the desired status of the
                             Virtual Channel Link as determined by the ATM
                             Network Manager, i.e., the VCL  up or down."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 5}

               atmInterfaceVclReceivedCells    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX         Counter

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 38]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The total number of unerrored assigned
                             cells received on
                             this VCL at the ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 6}

               atmInterfaceVclTransmittedCells    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX         Counter
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The total number of assigned cells transmitted
                             on this VCL at the ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 7}

               atmInterfaceVclPolicerViolations    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX         Counter
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of assigned cells received on this
                             VCL that exceed the VCL traffic enforcement
                             parameters at the ATM interface."
                           ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 8}

               atmInterfaceVclShaperViolations    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX              Counter
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The number of assigned cells that are dropped
                             on this VCL due to traffic shaping at the
                             transmit side of the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVclPerfEntry 9}

               --     ATM Virtual Path Connection (VPC) Group
               -- Implementation of this group is mandatory if providing
               -- an ATM Virtual Path Connection at an ATM interface.
               -- This group provides configuration information of the
               -- VPC segment.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 39]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               ---- The ATM Virtual Path Connection (VPC) Table

               atmVPConnectionTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  SEQUENCE OF AtmVPConnectionTableEntry
                           ACCESS  not-accessible
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table contains ATM VPC configuration and
                             performance parameters and state variables.
                             Each entry represents a unidirectional
                             traffic flow. Multiple entries are necessary
                             to represent a bidirectional and multipoint
                             connections."
                          ::= { atmVpcGroup 1}

               atmVPConnectionTableEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                         SYNTAX  AtmVPConnectionTableEntry
                         ACCESS  not-accessible
                         STATUS  mandatory
                         DESCRIPTION
                          "A unidirectional traffic flow."
                       INDEX {atmVPConnectionIngressPort, atmVPConnectionIngressVpi,
                              atmVPConnectionEgressPort, atmVPConnectionEgressVpi }
                        ::= { atmVPConnectionTable 1}

               AtmVPConnectionTableEntry ::=
                          SEQUENCE {
                             atmVPConnectionTableEntryStatus
                                 INTEGER,
               --Intended to replace the above syntax with RowStatus in the future
                             atmVPConnectionIngressPort
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionIngressVpi
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionEgressPort
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionEgressVpi
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionOperStatus
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionAdminStatus
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType
                                 OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam1

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 40]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam2
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam3
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam4
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam5
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType
                                 OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVPConnectionQoSClass
                                 INTEGER
                             }

               atmVPConnectionTableEntryStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER { valid(1),
                                             invalid(2)
                                           }
                           ACCESS  read-write
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "An indication of the validity of this entry.
                             To configure a new entry in this table,
                             the manager must set the appropriate instance
                             of this object to the value valid(1).
                             To delete an existing entry in this
                             table, the manager must set the appropriate
                             instance of this object to the value
                             invalid(2).
                             Creation of an instance of this
                             object has the effect of creating
                             the supplemental object instances to
                             complete the conceptual row.
                             An existing instance of this

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 41]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             entry cannot be created.
                             If circumstances occur on the ATM equipment
                             (e.g., switch, router or network)
                             which cause an entry to become invalid,
                             the agent modifies the value of the
                             appropriate instance of this object to
                             invalid(2).
                             Whenever, the value of this for a
                             particular entry becomes invalid(2),
                             the conceptual row for that instance
                             may be removed from the table
                             at any time, either immediately or
                             subsequently."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 1 }

               atmVPConnectionIngressPort    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ingress ATM
                             port of the VPC segment. The value of this
                             object for a particular interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 2 }

               atmVPConnectionIngressVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER  (1..255)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value at the ingress port of
                             the traffic flow.  The VPI=0 is reserved
                             for VCC.  The maximum VPI value
                             cannot exceed the atmInterfaceMaxVpcs
                             specified for the ingress ATM port."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 3 }

               atmVPConnectionEgressPort    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ingress ATM

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 42]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             port of the VPC segment. The value of this
                             object for a particular interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 4 }

               atmVPConnectionEgressVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER  (1..255)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value at the egress port of the
                             traffic flow.  The VPI=0 is reserved
                             for VCC. The maximum VPI value
                             cannot exceed the atmInterfaceMaxVpcs
                             specified for the egress ATM port."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 5 }

               atmVPConnectionOperStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  { up(1),
                                               down(2)
                                    }
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the operational status
                             of the VPC, i.e., whether the managed
                             segment of the VPC is up or down.
                             In the down state, no cells can be passed across
                             this segment of the VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 6 }

               atmVPConnectionAdminStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  { up(1),
                                               down(2)
                                    }
                           ACCESS   read-write
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the desired status of the
                             VPC, i.e., whether the managed segment of the
                             VPC is up or down. In the down state, no cells
                             can be passed across this segment of the VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 7 }

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 43]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the type
                             of traffic shaping algorithm active on
                             the egress of the traffic flow.
                             The type may indicate no traffic shaping or
                             traffic shaping with one or more parameters.
                             These parameters are specified as a parameter
                             vector, in the corresponding instances of the objects:
                                 atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam1
                                 atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam2
                                 atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam3
                                 atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam4
                                 atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam5."
                            ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 8}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam1    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The first parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement
                             type 1 algorithm which uses peak rate
                             algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0 that
                             will be transmitted on this VPC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be transmitted on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 9}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam2    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The second parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 44]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate algorithm, the second parameter
                             contains the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be transmitted on this VPC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak cell rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the second parameter contains the sustained cell rate
                             for CLP=0 that will be transmitted on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 10}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam3    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The third parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm
                             which uses peak rate traffic enforcement, the
                             third parameter is not used.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the third parameter contains the maximum burst
                             size that will be transmitted on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 11}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam4    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS             read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fourth parameter of the traffic shaper for
                             this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example, for the
                             traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which uses
                             peak rate algorithm, the fourth
                             parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 12}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperParam5    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 45]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fifth parameter of the traffic shaper for
                             this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example, for
                             the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate algorithm, the fifth parameter
                             is not used."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 13}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the type
                             of traffic policing algorithm active on
                             the ingress of this traffic flow.
                             The type may indicate no
                             traffic policing or traffic policing with one
                             or more parameters.
                             These parameters are specified as a parameter
                             vector, in the corresponding instances of the objects:
                                atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1
                                atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2
                                atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3
                                atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4
                                atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 14}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The first parameter of the traffic policer
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement
                             type 1 algorithm which uses peak rate
                             algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0 that
                             will be received on this VPC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 46]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             3 algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be received on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 15}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The second parameter of the traffic policing
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate algorithm, the second parameter
                             contains the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be received on this VPC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak cell rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the second parameter contains the sustained cell rate
                             for CLP=0 that will be received on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 16}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The third parameter of the traffic policer
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm
                             which uses peak rate traffic enforcement, the
                             third parameter is not used.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the third parameter contains the maximum burst
                             size that will be received on this VPC."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 17}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 47]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fourth parameter of the traffic policing
                             algorithm for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate  policing, the
                             fourth parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 18}

               atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5   OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fifth parameter of the traffic policing algorithm
                             for this VPC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate  policing, the
                             fifth parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVPConnectionTableEntry 19}

               atmVPConnectionQoSClass   OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX         INTEGER {unspecified(5),
                                                   class1(1),
                                                   class2(2),
                                                   class3(3),
                                                   class4(4) }
                           ACCESS              read-only
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the QoS Class
                             associated with this traffic flow.
                             Four QoS classes have been specified
                             in the ATM Forum UNI Specification
                             Document, Draft 2.2 to
                             support service class A (constant bit rate video
                             and circuit emulation), service class B
                             (variable bit rate video/audio),
                             service class C (connection-oriented
                             data) and service class D (connectionless data).
                             The value unspecified indicates that this VPC has
                             unspecified QoS Class."
                           ::= {atmVPConnectionTableEntry 20}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 48]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               --     ATM Virtual Channel Connection (VCC) Group
               -- Implementation of this group is mandatory if providing
               -- an ATM Virtual Channel Connections at an ATM interface.
               -- This group provides configuration information of the
               -- VCC segment information.

               ---- The ATM Virtual Channel Connection (VCC) Table

               atmVCConnectionTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  SEQUENCE OF AtmVCConnectionTableEntry
                           ACCESS  not-accessible
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table contains ATM VPC configuration and
                             performance parameters and state variables.
                             Each entry represents a unidirectional
                             traffic flow. Multiple entries are necessary
                             to represent a bidirectional and multipoint
                             connections."
                          ::= { atmVccGroup 1}

               atmVCConnectionTableEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  AtmVCConnectionTableEntry
                           ACCESS  not-accessible
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "A unidirectional traffic flow."
                      INDEX {atmVCConnectionIngressPort, atmVCConnectionIngressVpi,
                            atmVCConnectionIngressVci, atmVCConnectionEgressPort,
                            atmVCConnectionEgressVpi, atmVCConnectionEgressVci }
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTable 1}

               AtmVCConnectionTableEntry ::=
                          SEQUENCE {
                             atmVCConnectionTableEntryStatus
                                 INTEGER,
               --Intended to replace the above syntax with RowStatus in the future.
                             atmVCConnectionIngressPort
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionIngressVpi
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionIngressVci
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionEgressPort
                                 INTEGER,

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 49]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             atmVCConnectionEgressVpi
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionEgressVci
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionOperStatus
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionAdminStatus
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperType
                                 OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam1
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam2
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam3
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam4
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam5
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType
                                 OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5
                                 INTEGER,
                             atmVCConnectionQoSClass
                                 INTEGER
                             }

               atmVCConnectionTableEntryStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER {valid(1),
                                            invalid(2) }
                           ACCESS  read-write
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "An indication of the validity of this entry.
                             To configure a new entry in this table,
                             the manager must set the appropriate instance

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 50]

[...]

                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 1 }

               atmVCConnectionIngressPort    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ingress ATM
                             port of the VCC segment. The value of this
                             object for a particular interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 2 }

               atmVCConnectionIngressVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER  (0..255)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value at the ingress
                             port of the traffic flow.  The
                             maximum VPI value cannot exceed

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 51]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             the number supported by the  atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits
                             at the ingress ATM port."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 3 }

               atmVCConnectionIngressVci    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  (33..65535)
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VCI value at the ingress port of the
                             traffic flow.  The VCI values from 0 to 32
                             are reserved.  The maximum VCI value
                             cannot exceed the atmInterfaceMaxVccs
                             specified for the ingress ATM port."
                           ::= {  atmVCConnectionTableEntry 4 }

               atmVCConnectionEgressPort    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ingress ATM
                             port of the VCC segment. The value of this
                             object for a particular interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 5 }

               atmVCConnectionEgressVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX  INTEGER  (1..255)
                           ACCESS  read-only
                           STATUS  mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value at the egress port of the
                             traffic flow.  The maximum VPI value
                             cannot exceed the number supported by
                             the atmInterfaceMaxVpiBits at the egress ATM port."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 6 }

               atmVCConnectionEgressVci    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  (33..65535)
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VCI value at the egress port of the

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 52]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             traffic flow.  The VCI values from 0 to 32
                             are reserved.  The maximum VCI value cannot
                             exceed the atmInterfaceMaxVccs specified
                             for the egress ATM port."
                           ::= {  atmVCConnectionTableEntry 7 }

               atmVCConnectionOperStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  { up(1),
                                               down(2) }
                           ACCESS   read-only
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the operational status
                             of the VCC, i.e., whether the managed VCC
                             segment is up or down. In the down state,
                             no cells can be passed across this VCC
                             segment."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 8 }

               atmVCConnectionAdminStatus    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX   INTEGER  { up(1),
                                               down(2)        }
                           ACCESS   read-write
                           STATUS   mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This object indicates the desired status
                             of the VCC, i.e., whether the managed VCC
                             segment is up or down. In the down state,
                             no cells can be passed across this VCC
                             segment."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 9 }

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperType    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the type
                             of traffic shaping algorithm active on
                             the egress of the traffic flow.
                             The type may indicate no
                             traffic shaping or traffic shaping with one or
                             more parameters.
                             These parameters are specified as a parameter
                             vector, in the corresponding instances of the objects:

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 53]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                                 atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam1
                                 atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam2
                                 atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam3
                                 atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam4
                                 atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam5."
                            ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 10}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam1    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The first parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement
                             type 1 algorithm which uses peak rate
                             algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0 that
                             will be transmitted on this VCC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm, the first parameter contains
                             the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be transmitted on this VCC."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 11}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam2    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The second parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate algorithm, the second parameter
                             contains the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                             that will be transmitted on this VCC.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak cell rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the second parameter contains the sustained cell rate
                             for CLP=0 that will be transmitted on this VCC."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 12}

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 54]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam3    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The third parameter of the traffic shaper
                             for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVPConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm
                             which uses peak rate traffic enforcement, the
                             third parameter is not used.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the third parameter contains the maximum burst
                             size that will be transmitted on this VCC."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 13}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam4    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS             read-write
                           STATUS             mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fourth parameter of the traffic shaper for
                             this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperType.
                             For example, for the
                             traffic shaper type 1 algorithm which uses
                             peak rate algorithm, the fourth parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 14}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperParam5    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fifth parameter of the traffic shaper for
                             this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficShaperType.  For example, for
                             the traffic shaper type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate algorithm, the fifth parameter
                             is not used."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 15}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType    OBJECT-TYPE

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 55]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           SYNTAX             OBJECT IDENTIFIER
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the type
                             of traffic policing algorithm active on
                             the ingress of the traffic flow.
                             The type may indicate no
                             traffic policing or traffic policing with one
                             or more parameters.
                             These parameters are specified as a parameter
                             vector, in the corresponding instances of the objects:
                                atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1
                                atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2
                                atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3
                                atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4
                                atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 16}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam1    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                           "The first parameter of the traffic policer
                            for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                            atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                            for the traffic enforcement
                            type 1 algorithm which uses peak rate
                            algorithm, the first parameter contains
                            the peak cell rate for CLP=0 that
                            will be received on this VCC.
                            However, for the traffic enforcement type
                            3 algorithm, the first parameter contains
                            the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                            that will be received on this VCC."
                          ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 17}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam2    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                           "The second parameter of the traffic policing
                            for this VCC segment used according to the value of

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 56]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                            atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                            for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm which
                            uses peak rate algorithm, the second parameter
                            contains the peak cell rate for CLP=0+1
                            that will be received on this VCC.
                            However, for the traffic enforcement type
                            3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                            to peak cell rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                            the second parameter contains the sustained cell rate
                            for CLP=0 that will be received on this VCC."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 18}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam3    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The third parameter of the traffic policer
                             for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic enforcement type 1 algorithm
                             which uses peak rate traffic enforcement, the
                             third parameter is not used.
                             However, for the traffic enforcement type
                             3 algorithm which uses sustained rate in addition
                             to peak rate as traffic enforcement parameters,
                             the third parameter contains the maximum burst
                             size that will be received on this VCC."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 19}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam4    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fourth parameter of the traffic policing
                             algorithm for this VCC segment
                             used according to the value of
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic policing type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate  policing, the
                             fourth parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 20}

               atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerParam5   OBJECT-TYPE

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 57]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                           SYNTAX             INTEGER  (0..2147483647)
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The fifth parameter of the traffic policing algorithm
                             for this VCC segment used according to the value of
                             atmVCConnectionTrafficPolicerType.  For example,
                             for the traffic policing type 1 algorithm which
                             uses peak rate  policing, the
                             fifth parameter is not used."
                           ::= { atmVCConnectionTableEntry 21}

               atmVCConnectionQoSClass   OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX         INTEGER {unspecified(5),
                                                   class1(1),
                                                   class2(2),
                                                   class3(3),
                                                   class4(4) }
                           ACCESS              read-write
                           STATUS              mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the QoS Class
                             associated with the originating VCL of the VCC.
                             Four QoS classes have been specified
                             in the ATM Forum UNI Specification
                             Document, Draft 2.2 to
                             support service class A (constant bit rate video
                             and circuit emulation), service class B
                             (variable bit rate video/audio),
                             service class C (connection-oriented
                             data) and service class D (connectionless data).
                             The value unspecified indicates that this VCC has
                             unspecified QoS Class."
                            ::= {atmVCConnectionTableEntry 22}

               --     ATM Interface VCL AAL Pointer Group

               -- Implementation of this group is mandatory if AAL
               -- (AAL3/4 or AAL5) protocol is implemented on this ATM interface.
               -- This group maps the AAL interfaces to the
               -- corresponding VPI/VCI values of the VCLs
               -- that terminate or originate AALs at this ATM interface.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 58]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

               ---- The ATM Interface VCL AAL Pointer Table

               atmVclAalPointerTable    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       SEQUENCE OF AtmVclAalPointerEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This table provides mapping information between the
                             AAL interface which has the same value
                             as the ifIndex object, defined in MIB II,
                             and the corresponding VPI/VCI values of the
                             VCL at the ATM interface."
                          ::= { atmInterfaceVclAalPointerGroup 1}

               atmVclAalPointerEntry    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       AtmVclAalPointerEntry
                           ACCESS       not-accessible
                           STATUS       mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "This list contains the AAL interface information
                             and the corresponding VPI/VCI values
                             of the VCL at the ATM interface."
                           INDEX      {atmVclAalAtmPortIndex, atmVclAalifIndex}
                           ::= { atmVclAalPointerTable  1}

               AtmVclAalPointerEntry    ::= SEQUENCE  {
                          atmVclAalAtmPortIndex
                            INTEGER,
                          atmVclAalifIndex
                            INTEGER,
                          atmVclAalVpi
                            INTEGER,
                          atmVclAalVci
                            INTEGER
                            }

               atmVclAalAtmPortIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS        read-only
                           STATUS        mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the ATM
                             port interface. The value of this
                             object for a particular ATM interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 59]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVclAalPointerEntry  1}

               atmVclAalifIndex    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX        INTEGER(1..2147483647)
                           ACCESS        read-only
                           STATUS        mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The value of this object identifies the AAL
                             interface. The value of this object for
                             a particular AAL interface has the same
                             value as the ifIndex object, defined in RFC
                             1213, for the same interface."
                           ::= { atmVclAalPointerEntry  2}

               atmVclAalVpi    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..255)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VPI value of the VCL which terminates
                             the AAL at this ATM interface.  The
                             maximum VPI value cannot exceed
                             the atmInterfaceMaxActiveVpiBits."
                           ::= { atmVclAalPointerEntry 3}

               atmVclAalVci    OBJECT-TYPE
                           SYNTAX       INTEGER  (0..65535)
                           ACCESS         read-only
                           STATUS         mandatory
                           DESCRIPTION
                            "The VCI value of the VCL which terminates
                             the AAL at the ATM interface.  The
                             maximum VCI value cannot exceed
                             the atmInterfaceMaxActiveVciBits."
                           ::= { atmVclAalPointerEntry 4}
               END

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 60]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          10.  Acknowledgments

          11.  References

          [1]  V. Cerf, IAB Recommendations for the Development of
               Internet Network Management Standards.  Internet Working
               Group Request for Comments 1052.  Network Information
               Center, SRI International, Menlo Park, California,
               (April, 1988).

          [2]  V. Cerf, Report of the Second Ad Hoc Network Management
               Review Group, Internet Working Group Request for Comments
               1109.  Network Information Center, SRI International,
               Menlo Park, California, (August, 1989).

          [3]  M.T. Rose and K. McCloghrie, Structure and Identification
               of Management Information for TCP/IP-based internets,
               Internet Working Group Request for Comments 1155.
               Network Information Center, SRI International, Menlo
               Park, California, (May, 1990).

          [4]  K. McCloghrie and M.T. Rose, Management Information Base
               for Network Management of TCP/IP-based internets,
               Internet Working Group Request for Comments 1156.
               Network Information Center, SRI International, Menlo
               Park, California, (May, 1990).

          [5]  J.D. Case, M.S. Fedor, M.L. Schoffstall, and J.R. Davin,
               Simple Network Management Protocol, Internet Working
               Group Request for Comments 1157.  Network Information
               Center, SRI International, Menlo Park, California, (May,
               1990).

          [6]  M.T. Rose (editor), Management Information Base for
               Network Management of TCP/IP-based internets, Internet
               Working Group Request for Comments 1213.  Network
               Information Center, SRI International, Menlo Park,
               California, (March, 1991).

          [7]  Information processing systems - Open Systems
               Interconnection - Specification of Abstract Syntax
               Notation One (ASN.1), International Organization for
               Standardization.  International Standard 8824, (December,
               1987).

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 61]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          [8]  Information processing systems - Open Systems
               Interconnection - Specification of Basic Encoding Rules
               for Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1), International
               Organization for Standardization.  International Standard
               8825, (December, 1987).

          [9]  M.T. Rose, K. McCloghrie (editors), Concise MIB
               Definitions, Internet Working Group Request for Comments
               1212.  Network Information Center, SRI International,
               Menlo Park, California, (March, 1991).

          [10] M.T. Rose (editor), A Convention for Defining Traps for
               use with the SNMP, Internet Working Group Request for
               Comments 1215.  Network Information Center, SRI
               International, Menlo Park, California, (March, 1991).

          [11] T. A. Cox and K. Tesink (editors), Definitions of Managed
               Objects for the DS3 Interface Type, Internet Working
               Group Request for Comments 1233.  Network Information
               Center, SRI International, Menlo Park, California, (May,
               1991).

          [12] J. Reynolds, Reassignment of Experimental MIBs to
               Standard MIBs, Internet Working Group Request for
               Comments 1239.  Network Information Center, SRI
               International, Menlo Park, California, (June, 1991).

          [13] K. McCloghrie and F. Kastenholz, Evolution of Interfaces
               Group of MIB-II, Internet Draft, May, 1993.

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 62]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          12.  Security Considerations

          Security issues are not discussed in this memo.

          13.  Authors' Addresses

                       Masuma Ahmed
                       Bell Communications Research
                       Room 1F-217
                       331 Newman Springs Road
                       P.O. Box 7020
                       Red Bank, NJ  07701-7020

                       Phone: (908) 758-2515

                       EMail: mxa@mail.bellcore.com

                       Kaj Tesink
                       Bell Communications Research
                       Room 1A-427
                       331 Newman Springs Road
                       P.O. Box 7020
                       Red Bank, NJ  07701-7020

                       Phone: (908) 758-5254

                       EMail: kaj@cc.bellcore.com

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 63]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          Table of Contents

          1 Status of this Memo ...................................    1
          2 Abstract ..............................................    1
          3 The Network Management Framework ......................    2
          4 Objects ...............................................    3
          4.1 Format of Definitions ...............................    3
          5 ATM Terminlogy ........................................    4
          5.1 VCL/VPL and VCC/VPC .................................    4
          5.2 PVC and SVC .........................................    6
          5.3 Traffic Management Parameters .......................    6
          5.3.1 Traffic Policing and Traffic Shaping  Parameters
               ....................................................    6
          5.3.2 Cell Loss Priority ................................    6
          5.3.3 QoS Class .........................................    7
          6 Overview ..............................................    7
          6.1 Background ..........................................    7
          6.2 Structure of the MIB ................................    8
          6.3 ATM Interface Configuration Group ...................    8
          6.4 ATM Interface DS3 PLCP and SONET TC Layer Groups ....    9
          6.5  ATM  Interface  VCL/VPL  Cell  Layer  Performance
               Groups .............................................    9
          6.6 ATM Virtual Connection Segment Groups ...............    9
          6.6.1 Introduction ......................................    9
          6.6.2 Virtual Connection Identifiers  at  Ingress  and
               Egress .............................................   11
          6.6.3 Virtual Connection Characterization ...............   11
          6.6.4 Sets ..............................................   12
          6.6.5 Virtual Connection  Association  with  Interface
               Addresses ..........................................   13
          6.6.6 Management of an End-to-End  Virtual  Connection
               ....................................................   13
          6.7 ATM Interface VCL AAL Pointer Group .................   13
          7 Application of MIB II to ATM ..........................   13
          7.1 The System Group ....................................   13
          7.2 The Interface Group .................................   14
          7.2.1 Support of the ATM Cell Layer by ifTable ..........   14
          7.2.2 Support of the AAL sub-layer by ifTable ...........   15
          8 ILMI MIB and The ATM Managed Objects ..................   17
          9 Object Definitions ....................................   21
          12 Security Considerations ..............................   63
          13 Authors' Addresses ...................................   63

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 64]

          Draft               ATM Management Objects            May 1993

          Masuma Ahmed and Kaj Tesink (editors)                [Page 65]