Re: Status of this working group? (was Re: Squashing important ideas

James M Galvin <galvin@tis.com> Wed, 03 February 1993 15:03 UTC

To: mlk%bir.UUCP@mathcs.emory.edu
Cc: snmp-sec-dev@tis.com, Stephen D Crocker <crocker@tis.com>
Subject: Re: Status of this working group? (was Re: Squashing important ideas
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1993 09:42:20 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: James M Galvin <galvin@tis.com>

-----BEGIN PRIVACY-ENHANCED MESSAGE-----
Proc-Type: 4,MIC-CLEAR
Originator-ID-Asymmetric: MEYxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMSQwIgYDVQQKExtUcnV
 zdGVkIEluZm9ybWF0aW9uIFN5c3RlbXMxETAPBgNVBAsTCEdsZW53b29k,02
MIC-Info: RSA-MD5,RSA,ew8DzUZ0XJ23ML3BX1ldHq50sJ4LI01uICyTxoGXhT0
 ODkCFLpx3B4k0twOdsHKoI+oVUy744usHvETmt4AYxg==

	I call for the chair to repost the revised SNMP Security working
	group charter.

Keith has done this.

	I also call for the chair to explicitly detail the current state
	of this working group's progress and proposed schedule for
	completion.

Currently we have before the working group a set of documents
representing revisions to RFCs 1351, 1352, and 1353 that incorporate

	a. the set of changes as suggested by SNMPv2

	b. the party proliferation act

	c. the DES declination act

In addition, we have two other documents that have been submitted to the
working group for review and consideration.

	a. The Baby and The Bathwater

	b. An Improved Model for Implicit Qualification of SNMP MIB
	   Variables

The working group discussion was scheduled to close last friday.  I have
not issued a last call because I'm waiting for our area director to come
up to speed so he can participate in the last call.

Jim
This message digitally signed with Privacy Enhanced Mail.  Get your copy
of the Internet reference implementation from "pem-info@tis.com".
-----END PRIVACY-ENHANCED MESSAGE-----