[Udp35] synchronization call, Monday 2 June

Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch> Mon, 02 June 2014 21:34 UTC

From: Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 23:34:09 +0200
To: udp35@ietf.org
Subject: [Udp35] synchronization call, Monday 2 June

Greetings, all,

We (Barry Lieba, Spencer Dawkins, Gorry Fairhurst, Ted Hardie, Marc Blanchet, Eliot Lear, Joe Hildebrand, and I) had a call today at 16:00 UTC to discuss next steps. A bit of the original reason for the meeting had been overtaken by events, as much of the discussion on how to move forward on enumerating dimensions of transport services moved over to the taps@ietf.org list as part of the TAPS chartering discussion.

A description of the proposed IAB program will be sent to this list shortly, after initial IAB review of the description. I suspect the program will largely operate as a coordinating action: working within WGs and RGs on specific engineering and research topics related to stack evolution, spinning off new WGs and RGs as needed to work on parts of the problem, and fostering coordination within the IETF, especially on aspects of stack evolution that cross area boundaries.

We're still planning on having an informal meeting at or after 17:00 Saturday afternoon before the IETF in Toronto, in the main hotel, a smallish brainstorming session in front of a whiteboard (more likely a flipchart) to see if there are other parts of the problem we should be considering / look at how we can look at the solution space differently / kick any other brilliant ideas out of our brains before a week of IETF fries them.

Cheers,

Brian