Re: Anyone there?

"C. Adam Stolinski" <astolinski@worldnet.att.net> Wed, 29 April 1998 19:00 UTC

Delivery-Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:00:45 -0400
From: "C. Adam Stolinski" <astolinski@worldnet.att.net>
To: Maria Greene <maria@xedia.com>, ups-mib@CS.UTK.EDU
Subject: Re: Anyone there?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:43:55 -0700

Hi Maria,

Bonne Chance!  Welcome to the WG.

If there are any changes to be made to RFC 1628 (other than status) the
WG must be aware of the new final Power Device Class (PDC) specification
of the USB consortium.  Myself, D.Lallement (tech editor), Doug
Raudemacher, and others of the UPS industry worked over the past two
years to develop the PDC specification, which became final in Jan'98.
The URL for the document is at
http://www.teleport.com/~usb/data/pdcv10.pdf

This spec uses the same objects as in RFC 1628, to preserve the work
done by UPS mfgrs on SNMP, and adds some not addressed in RFC 1628
(electrical switches).  It also uses the same objects for batteries as
in the Smart Battery Spec (Intel & Duracell) currently used by the O/S
in notebooks.

In the interest of common open-standard, I would not want any changes in
RFC 1628 that would create incompatibilities with the PDC 1.0.

That said, I am willing to participate in any WG activity that the WG,
or the IETF, needs to continue the UPS MIB spec availability.

Best Regards,
Adam Stolinski,
MGE UPS Systems