Consensus? RFC1628 to Historic

"Bert Wijnen" <WIJNEN@VNET.IBM.COM> Thu, 30 July 1998 21:32 UTC

Delivery-Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:32:06 -0400
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:22:18 -0000
From: Bert Wijnen <WIJNEN@VNET.IBM.COM>
To: maria@xedia.com, ups-mib@CS.UTK.EDU
Subject: Consensus? RFC1628 to Historic

Ref:  Your note of Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:41:03 -0400

Subject: Re:   Consensus? RFC1628 to Historic

Maria writes:
> Thanks, Bob and Harald, for explaining the procedure. Yes, there is
> work to do if we want the RFC to advance and my sense is that there's
> noone willing to help with it. Correct me if I'm wrong by
> volunteering. A change to Historic will not make the MIB less useful
> (or make any referencing documents less correct) and I doubt many
> customers check the standards process status when evaluating products.

Historic may give the impression it is NOT used or no longer used.
Maybe we can move it to "INFORMATIONAL". We do not have a category
of "good enough"... and as far as I can tell INFORMATIONAL comes
closest to "good enough".

When moving to HISTORIC you need do nothing.
When moving to INFORMATIONAL, you may have to add things like
security section and such.

Bert