ups mib wg

case@snmp.com Wed, 02 April 1997 10:11 UTC

From: case@snmp.com
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:53:21 -0500
To: ups-mib@cs.utk.edu
Subject: ups mib wg

the ietf is, as many of you know, meeting next week in memphis

the ups mib wg is not scheduled to meet and it is too late now to
consider changing that

it has been impossible for me to make progress as the chair of the
ups mib wg for about two years now -- and my efforts to garner a
replacement were ineffective

however, a new day is dawning within the management area of the
ietf -- with a new organization and new leaders

i think there is reason for hope that good things will come from this
new organization and these new leaders

the new leaders, if they have any sense, may want to replace me as
chair ... i don't know ... we will see after the new world order
comes into being next week

i agree that we need to finish the work to move the document from proposed
standard to draft standard

i will talk to the new leaders next week, and fall on my sword as appropriate

i want to get out of the way, but don't want to start them off, with an
"i quit" although it would be difficult to recognize the difference, now
wouldn't it?

thank you for your patience in what has been tough times leadership wise
and perhaps things will soon get better for you leadership-wise

regards,
jdc