RE: UK NID?

Jurijs Korņijenko <Jurijs.Kornijenko@abcsoftware.lv> Tue, 03 June 2008 14:52 UTC

Subject: RE: UK NID?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:50:14 +0300
From: Jurijs Korņijenko <Jurijs.Kornijenko@abcsoftware.lv>
To: Andy Greener <andy@gid.co.uk>
Cc: urn-nid@ietf.org, Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
Sender: urn-nid-bounces@ietf.org

Hello Andy,

some time ago we registered namespace for Latvian government integration project URN:IVIS - RFC4617. The purpose and usage of namespace is similar - XML schemas, e-services and other artifacts identification with URN number. Now we are planning to develop an IVIS URN resolve infrastructure.

One suggestion: take a NID which is really politically and practically acceptable by anyone, how far it is possible. Because in our case we always have to answer to question - "Hey, IVIS, what is this and what for?". UKGOV from my point of view looks good.

Thank you,

Juri.

Dr.sc.ing. Jurijs Kornijenko
SIA "ABC software"