Re: request for registration of the "scte" URN namespace

Darshak Thakore <d.thakore@cablelabs.com> Tue, 12 April 2016 19:48 UTC

From: Darshak Thakore <d.thakore@cablelabs.com>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: request for registration of the "scte" URN namespace
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:48:14 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.5.0.27]
Cc: "urn-nid@apps.ietf.org" <urn-nid@apps.ietf.org>

Hi Ted,

Thanks a lot for the quick turn around on the feedback. Comments inline

On 4/12/16, 12:41 PM, "Ted Hardie" <ted.ietf@gmail.com<mailto:ted.ietf@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Darshak,

Thanks for the submission; the IETF week has just ended, so it's possible that folks will bring this back to the fore.

I note that the document has a "TBD" for the mailing address of the designated contact.  That will need an update.  Second, you use the syntax:

urn:scte:{SCTEresource}:{ResourceSpecificString}

to describe the structure.  You don't appear to include ABNF for each of the substructures, though; did you intend to describe them?

DT>> I’ll update the designated contact address shortly. The ABNF for {SCTEresource}:{ResourceSpecificString} will be in the SCTE specs. Do I need to provide it here or is it ok if I simply state that the specific tokens will be defined in relevant SCTE specs ?

You also cite the "SANN" as the intended numbering authority, but the citation is simply a repetition of the acronym expansion.  What's the actual status of this body?

DT>> I’m in the process of procuring the URL to the document and update it shortly.

Regards,
Darshak

regards,

Ted HArdie