Re: [urn] A review of draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-00

"Pierre GODEFROY" <godefroy@issn.org> Fri, 23 March 2012 17:30 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:27:15 +0100
From: Pierre GODEFROY <godefroy@issn.org>
To: Alfred HÎnes <ah@TR-Sys.de>, urn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [urn] A review of draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-00

Alfred,

Thank you very much for your very careful review of draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3044bis-issn-urn-00.

Your remarks and proposal seem logical to me, in particular the very first one concerning "backwards compatibility" with the previous version of the RFC, so as to avoid any ambiguity on this very important point.

I would only like to add, based on the private exchanges we had, that your suggestion concerning section 4.5.2 :

> (4)  Section structure (2)
> Section 4.5.2 does not seem to be logically subordinate to Section 4.5.
> I suggest to 'elevate' Section 4.5.2 to become Section 4.6.

is not necessarily relevant : the issue of the "updating and management of URLs" is indeed an "additional consideration", in the sense that, however important it may be, it has no impact on the fundamental "philosophy" of the mechanism described in the RFC.

Kind regards,

Pierre

Pierre Godefroy
Project Manager