[Uta] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-18: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 19 April 2018 09:35 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt@ietf.org, Valery Smyslov <valery@smyslov.net>, Leif Johansson <leifj@sunet.se>, uta-chairs@ietf.org, valery@smyslov.net, uta@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:35:29 -0700
Subject: [Uta] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-18: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-18: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt/

COMMENT:

[Thank you for responding to my DISCUSS points via email. I have cleared, but I
do how to see more explicit discussion in the security considerations.]

Substantive:

§1.1: There are at least a few lower case instances of 2119 keywords. Please
consider using the boilerplate from RFC 8174 instead of 2119.

§5.3, first paragraph: The paragraph claims that this document defines
"multipart/report". In fact, it does not.

§5.4, 2nd paragraph: " A reporting entity HOULD expect a "successful" response
from the accepting HTTPS server...": I'm not sure how to interpret a normative
requirement to expect success. What is the real intent here?

Editorial and Nits:

§1, paragraph 1, 2nd sentence: The sentence is convoluted. Can it be broken
into multiple simpler sentences?

§1.1, Policy Domain: The definition is partially circular. Please define what
is meant by "domain". I assume that means domain in the DNS sense, but the word
"domain" is commonly uses in other senses as well. Please be explicit.