Subject: [Uuidrev] [Errata Verified] RFC9562 (7958)
From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 08:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Revise Universally Unique Identifier Definitions <uuidrev.ietf.org>

The following errata report has been verified for RFC9562,
"Universally Unique IDentifiers (UUIDs)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid7958

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Roman Donchenko <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2024-05-25
Verified by: Orie Steele (IESG)

Section: 4.1

Original Text
-------------
     | 0    | x    | x    | x    | 1-7     | Reserved.  Network      |
     |      |      |      |      |         | Computing System (NCS)  |
     |      |      |      |      |         | backward compatibility, |
     |      |      |      |      |         | and includes Nil UUID   |
     |      |      |      |      |         | as per Section 5.9.     |

Corrected Text
--------------
     | 0    | x    | x    | x    | 0-7     | Reserved.  Network      |
     |      |      |      |      |         | Computing System (NCS)  |
     |      |      |      |      |         | backward compatibility, |
     |      |      |      |      |         | and includes Nil UUID   |
     |      |      |      |      |         | as per Section 5.9.     |

Notes
-----
This row matches the case where MSB0, MSB1, MSB2, MSB3 are all 0, which would make the variant number 0.

--------------------------------------
RFC9562 (draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Universally Unique IDentifiers (UUIDs)
Publication Date    : May 2024
Author(s)           : K. Davis, B. Peabody, P. Leach
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Revise Universally Unique Identifier Definitions
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG