[v6ops] I-D: draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00.txt

"Hosnieh Rafiee" <ietf@rozanak.com> Mon, 21 October 2013 23:23 UTC

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <ietf@rozanak.com>
To: <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:23:16 +0200
Cc: Erik Nordmark <nordmark@sonic.net>
Subject: [v6ops] I-D: draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00.txt

We submitted a new draft which compares the current mechanisms to maintain the lifetime of IIDs and then introduces a framework to enable applications maintaining their privacy by making it difficult to correlate a user's activities by using different IIDs for different applications, without negatively impacting the robustness of the applications.

We're looking forward to receiving your comments.

Filename:	 draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Interface ID lifetime Algorithms
Creation date:	 2013-10-21
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 11
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00

Abstract:
   This document introduces a framework, i.e., an application layer
   based lifetime [applicationiid] to enable applications maintaining
   their users' privacy as well as controlling the number of Interface
   IDs (IIDs) per network adapter. It will also explain different
   approaches that can be used for maintaining the lifetime of an IID.
   We also compare this framework to the other available mechanisms.
   This document also explains when to remove deprecated IP addresses
   from the a network interface.

Hosnieh
… success is a journey, not a destination….
You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction ... Focus on the journey