Subject: Re: [v6ops] Implementation Status of PREF64

From: Gert Doering <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:55:55 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:28:54PM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> > I strongly dislike the implications of "any larger site that has a wifi
> > network needs to have a /52 provisioned, so thousands of wifi clients
> > can have a /64 *each*" on address space management on all layers.
> 
> Agreed??? A /48 is a much better choice than a /52.

For most deployments it is plain not possible to reserve a /48 for "WiFi",
if all they have is a /48 for a whole "site".

Thinking we have arbitrary number of /64s to burn will have a hard landing
when reality comes along.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
-- 
have you enabled IPv6 on something today...?

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279