Re: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt>(Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP MobileDevices) to Informational RFC

"Heatley, Nick" <Nick.Heatley@ee.co.uk> Tue, 20 August 2013 08:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:50:02 +0100
From: "Heatley, Nick" <Nick.Heatley@ee.co.uk>
To: v6ops@ietf.org, david.binet@orange.com, "Byrne, Cameron" <Cameron.Byrne@T-Mobile.com>, phdgang@gmail.com, "Vizdal Ales (TMCZ)" <ales.vizdal@t-mobile.cz>
Cc: denghui@chinamobile.com
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt>(Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP MobileDevices) to Informational RFC

Given we have been discussing 3GPP IPv6 Roaming, I was thinking of any mobile terminal requirements that come from roaming.
There seems to be no specifics regarding roaming in this paper.

One solution appears to be coming into favour to fix one type of operational deficiencies in current roaming: that the terminal can be configured with a home IP profile and a roaming IP profile. This is not so much a compliance requirement, as protecting the subscriber against exceptions when roaming. Should this be included in this paper? Or would this need further debate beyond the scope of this paper?
What are your thoughts?
Nick