Re: [v6ops] draft-binet-v6ops-cellular-host-reqs-rfc3316update

Hesham Soliman <hesham@elevatemobile.com> Mon, 24 September 2012 06:09 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:09:00 +1000
From: Hesham Soliman <hesham@elevatemobile.com>
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com, Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>, IPv6 Ops WG <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-binet-v6ops-cellular-host-reqs-rfc3316update

>Dear Hesham,
>
>Which alternative(s) to CLAT you are referring to?

=> I don't think I suggested alternatives to CLAT specifically, can't see
that in the email quoted anyway.
I was questioning the wisdom/concensus/debate/ that went on before those
mechanisms were selected. I didn't see any discussion, especially in other
WGs who own those docs. As to alternatives to CLAT specifically I don't
really care what they are, I don't like the approach being taken to create
requirements on cellular hosts without any serious debate or IETF/3GPP
consensus behind it.

Hesham