Re: [v6ops] draft-vf-v6ops-ipv6-deployment

Paolo Volpato <paolo.volpato@huawei.com> Fri, 19 March 2021 08:39 UTC

From: Paolo Volpato <paolo.volpato@huawei.com>
To: Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf@gmail.com>, "v6ops@ietf.org" <v6ops@ietf.org>
CC: "draft-vf-v6ops-ipv6-deployment@ietf.org" <draft-vf-v6ops-ipv6-deployment@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:39:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.25.187]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-vf-v6ops-ipv6-deployment

Hi Fred,
Many thanks for your comments.
We will incorporate your suggestions, in particular those regarding a better usage of English, in the next version of the draft.

About 6to4 as found in section 8.1.1 we will remove the reference. It was there only to mention that technology without intention to further propose it. Based on your comment it is meaningless to leave it there.

For lmhp-v6ops-transition-comparison, on behalf of the authors of draft-vf-v6ops-ipv6-deployment I can say we are in favor of the WG adoption. Not only is it a good description of the transition technologies to IPv6, but it also constitutes a basis for our draft.

We will also review section 9 to add more considerations for both sides of the issue, to further support the adoption of IPv6 in mobile networks but also to provide the down-sides.

BR
Paolo