Re: [v6ops] Checking an outcome on the list

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Fri, 08 November 2013 17:55 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: "Fred Baker (fred)" <fred@cisco.com>, "v6ops@ietf.org WG" <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:54:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.145.79]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Checking an outcome on the list

From: v6ops-bounces@ietf.org [v6ops-bounces@ietf.org] on behalf of Fred Baker (fred) [fred@cisco.com]
Sent: 08 November 2013 6:56
To: v6ops@ietf.org WG
Subject: [v6ops] Checking an outcome on the list

We say we check f2f decisions on the mailing list to ensure that everyone had a chance to speak. Let's do that.

In IETF 88, we discussed a number of drafts. Of these:
  - draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security will start a two week WGLC on Monday morning New Zealand time.

<Sheng> Support for advancing.

  - draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-experience appears to have reached closure. We have one additional revision coming, and then will do a 1 week last call, probably early December.

<Sheng> Support for advancing. I was one of volunteer reviewer from last meeting. The current version has addressed my comments. In general, I think the document is mature for next stage.

  - draft-liu-bonica-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem documents what seems to be a real problem.
      1) In your opinion, should draft-liu-bonica-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem be adopted as WG draft draft-ietf-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem and matured into a problem statement to present to 6man?

<Sheng> Yes. The stand-alone problem document is also worth of publishing as a RFC. Then the guidance document below can refer to it without having to rediscribe the issues again.

      2) In your opinion, should v6ops invite a draft (which we might adopt as a working group draft) that gives current guidance to operators regarding the use of DHCP and SLAAC in their networks?

<Sheng> Yes.

  - Should draft-chen-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis be adopted as WG draft draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis?

<Sheng> Yes. This document is quite helpful.

Regards,

Sheng

I'll collect up the responses in a week and make a determination based on that. I'm interested in your viewpoint, whether positive or negative. If you would prefer to send it privately to v6ops-chairs@tools.ietf.org, that works too.