[v6ops] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02: (with COMMENT)

"Barry Leiba" <barryleiba@computer.org> Fri, 22 May 2015 04:48 UTC

From: "Barry Leiba" <barryleiba@computer.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 21:48:02 -0700
Cc: v6ops@ietf.org
Subject: [v6ops] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix-02: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cidr-prefix/

COMMENT:

Only editorial comments here, for your consideration.  The one about
"barring" is the most important one.

-- Section 1 --
In the second paragraph, I suggest removing the parentheses from
"(mis)".

In the fourth paragraph, I had to read the first sentence several times
in order to parse it.  The word order confused me, making me think "link
routing", rather than "to link".  You can easily fix that by changing "to
not link" to "not to link".

In the fifth paragraph, "barring" is ambiguous: I don't know whether you
mean that because IPv6 forwarding must follow the longest-match-first
rule, configuration of an overriding policy is barred (forbidden), or
whether you mean that IPv6 forwarding must follow the longest-match-first
rule *unless* an overriding policy is configured.  I'm guessing it's the
latter, but you should reword this either way, to make it clear.

In the last paragraph, what does "a historical reminder" mean?

-- Section 2 --
In the second paragraph, I note that too many attributive nouns put
together make for awkwardness and confusion.  I suggest changing
"Forwarding decision-making processes" to "Decision-making processes for
forwarding", so it's clear that "forwarding" is a gerund (noun), not a
participle (verb).

I suggest removing the word "obviously" from the third paragraph: if it's
really obvious, it needn't be said at all, and the word makes it sound
haughty.