Re: [v6ops] draft-byrne-v6ops-clatip WGLC

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Mon, 05 May 2014 21:04 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: Ca By <cb.list6@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 17:04:46 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "v6ops@ietf.org" <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-byrne-v6ops-clatip WGLC

On 5/5/14, 4:00 PM, "Ca By" <cb.list6@gmail.com> wrote:

>> First, this draft needs to formally update RFC 6333 in its metadata, as
>> think there’s a need for a formal link between the two.
>>

>I humbly disagree.  Nothing changes in DS-lite or RFC6333 as function
>of draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip-00.
>
>What does change is the IANA registery of 192.0.0.0/29 to be more
>general and serve a super set of scenarios, and that change will be
>reflected there in IANA, not in DS-lite.
>
>I am open to other opinions on this, but mine is that RFC6333 updated
>IANA and draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip-00 updates IANA again.
>draft-ietf-v6ops-clatip-00 does not update RFC6333

A fair point. I agree that the direction to IANA doesn’t explicitly
require an update to 6333 and you’re not really changing DSLite. My
thought was more from the perspective that originally 6333 was written
assuming exclusive use of the block, and it no longer has it. Since there
are at least small considerations about overlap, it’s worth the DSLite doc
having a link to this one for those implementing DSLite that may not be
aware of this change.

Wes