Re: [v6ops] draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-04

"Xiejingrong (Jingrong)" <xiejingrong@huawei.com> Wed, 28 October 2020 03:50 UTC

From: "Xiejingrong (Jingrong)" <xiejingrong@huawei.com>
To: Gyan Mishra <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith@gmail.com>
CC: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>, Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf@gmail.com>, v6ops list <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 03:49:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.201.174]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-04

Hi,
Agreed very much that larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix is useful for IPv6-only network. Thanks for digging out this …
As the draft already stated at the very beginning,  “to run multiple instances of the application using the same transport layer protocol port on the same development host.”
Also useful to eliminate the need of too many UDP ports (attack surface) opening by the various OAM tools TWAMP/STAMP/BFD/SBFD/ping/……

Regards,
Jingrong