Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-ula-usage-recommendations - work or abandon?

"Liubing (Leo)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com> Tue, 03 November 2015 05:33 UTC

From: "Liubing (Leo)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com>
To: Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo@google.com>, "Howard, Lee" <lee.howard@twcable.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 05:33:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.194.186.201]
Cc: IPv6 Operations <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-ula-usage-recommendations - work or abandon?

Hi Lorenzo and all,

Thanks for your feedback.

> For as long as that disagreement exists, it will be hard to make a recommendation,
> which is likely to make it hard to get consensus on this draft.
> We can go through that disagreement again, but I don't personally think
> the outcome will be any different from the one we had last time around.
[Bing] I basically agree with this claim. But that is actually why we changed the document’s purpose from recommendations to considerations, that it only discusses pros and cons of those possible scenarios, and NOT make any formal recommendation.
But maybe because the draft’s short name was not changed accordingly, it has been still “draft-ietf-v6ops-ula-recommendations”, which made people misunderstand the purpose of the draft.

I’ve requested to the chairs to change the draft’s short name to “draft-ietf-v6ops-ula-considerations”, I hope it is doable.

Best regards,
Bing