Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices-02.txt

"Heatley, Nick" <nick.heatley@ee.co.uk> Fri, 05 September 2014 14:34 UTC

From: "Heatley, Nick" <nick.heatley@ee.co.uk>
To: Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca>, v6ops list <v6ops@ietf.org>, Owen DeLong <owen@delong.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:34:07 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.246.208.5]
Cc: Victor Kuarsingh <vkuarsingh@dyn.com>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices-02.txt

Hi,
I am assuming these functional elements often found in various broadband networks are out of scope: NAT, DNS, AAA, Address Assignment, Load balancer, Multi-homing? What of Security enforcement such as (but not limited) to IP firewall?
So if the intention is to leave contents as shown (ok with me) perhaps the title and abstract could be clearer?
Is "IP Transport Design" a common term for the subject matter, or perhaps "IP Router Design"?
Regards,
Nick