Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security WGLC

"de =?iso-8859-1?q?Br=FCn?=, Markus" <markus.debruen@bsi.bund.de> Mon, 18 November 2013 10:37 UTC

From: "de Brün, Markus" <markus.debruen@bsi.bund.de>
To: v6ops@ietf.org, Mark ZZZ Smith <markzzzsmith@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:37:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [v6ops] draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security WGLC

> >[...], but does this mean accessible from anywhere on the Internet ?

> Actually, I think you're probably going to want your refrigerator to be
> able to access the Internet, [...]

"Access to the internet" and "accessible from the internet" are two seperate
things.Perhaps I want my fridge to access the internet but not the other way
around.

There was a vulnerability in some heating-systems a few month ago [1]. An
attacker could remotely shut down the heating. This is the kind of thing one
does not want to happen.

Regards,
Markus

[1]