Re: [v6ops] Status of CLAT implementation on iPhone? (IPv4 apps on IPv6-only PDP type)

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Wed, 10 June 2015 13:05 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:05:02 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: v6ops@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Status of CLAT implementation on iPhone? (IPv4 apps on IPv6-only PDP type)

Resurecting an earlier discussion...

I hear Apple just announced about mandating IPv6 in each app submitted
to store, and about a tech to offer IPv6 hotspots to app developpers on
IPv4.

Not sure that includes a CLAT implementation on iPhone, nor about what
kind of protocol spec can realize that IPv4-IPv6 behaviour (CLAT,
64share, DS-MIP, NAT/NPT, any new?).

Alex