Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-17.txt - C_REC#9 464XLAT

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Fri, 13 February 2015 06:49 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 06:49:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Cc: "v6ops@ietf.org" <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-17.txt - C_REC#9 464XLAT

Hi Alex,

The intent of this reco is to address broken IPv4-only applications over an IPv6-only connectivity. Ideally applications running on the device should be AF-independent.

The draft relies on the IPv6 node requirements RFC that mandates the supports of IPv6. Also, the I-D calls out applications that are provided by the vendor of the device:

==
   APP_REC#2:  Applications provided by the mobile device vendor must be
               independent of the underlying IP address family.
==

Wouldn't this reco addresses your concern?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Med