Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices-08.txt

Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca> Mon, 06 July 2015 21:38 UTC

From: Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:38:34 -0400
To: v6ops list <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices-08.txt

Folks:

Victor and I have just submitted a new revision of the Design Choices draft. There are two main changes:
1. A new section called "Addresses" that discusses the pros and cons of using PI vs. PA vs. Private addresses in your IPv6 or dual-stack network. This addresses some comments we got during the WG Last Call about using ULAs in certain situations. We consider this a significant addition to the draft.
2. Added EIGRP to the section on IGP Choice.  Some of you will recall the discussion around this on the mailing list a couple of months ago.

Victor and I have plans for more revisions to address other WG comments.  In particular, as you may remember, Victor and I have been gathering hard data from operators around the IGPs that are actually used in production networks. Unfortunately, Victor and I both got hit with other stuff in the last few weeks, so we didn't have time to add this data to the draft, or make some other planned changes. So consider this still a work-in-progress with other changes coming.

- Philip