Re: l2tp support on OS's Re: [v6tc] Re: Tunneling and Transition Drafts

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Sat, 09 April 2005 15:54 UTC

Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:53:10 +0200
Subject: Re: l2tp support on OS's Re: [v6tc] Re: Tunneling and Transition Drafts
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: "v6tc@ietf.org" <v6tc@ietf.org>
Sender: v6tc-bounces@ietf.org

Agree that should not be so difficult for others, but is a question of what
is available in real life. Is like asking why the default Linksys image
doesn't include IPv6 ;-)

The advantage of one-fits-for-all, in my point of view is two very important
fold:
1) Making easier for vendors to have a single choice, and consequently
making easier and more successful the interoperability.
2) Making easier for users and ISPs to have IPv6, when native is not
possible, in transparent way, as much as possible.

The results is to help the deployment of IPv6, in the medium-long term (2-3
years), and consequently the development of new and more advanced apps.

Regards,
Jordi